Subject: "Unholy Blessing Concern" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #416
Show all folders

Angel of DeathSun 16-Mar-03 02:40 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
34 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#416, "Unholy Blessing Concern"

I have a question here about unholy blessing. Now I am fairly familiar with the spell and getting charges both old and new system.
The new system says that an a-p can get multiple charges from experienced players but no charges from weak players. From my personal experiece, I think the code has hurt the overall ability for ap's to get decent weapons drastically.

My concern is basically that I have only ever received two charges from a kill but once (and I have killed some experienced people). The amount of time I have received no charges is about 30% of my total kills. I had spoken to another ap before and he said that 11 of 14 kills did not give him a charge.

This just doesn't seem fitting in my mind. We all know ap's have a hell of a time in Thera because everyone wants them dead and the weapon the ap has worked so hard to create can be lost in the blink of an eye (disarm, death, death from ridiculous gangbang...the list goes on). So now it seems things have been made even harder for ap's with this new code. Basically the class is very difficult to play effectively and requires a lot of patience, patience I think a lot of people are not willing to put in.

Perhaps this may be why the players of CF find ap's one of the least fun classes to play, the sheer difficulty of playing them. I am not even going to go into the huge rage delete issues with ap's once they lose their weapon.

The new code, I assume, was designed to stop ap's from picking on weaker people and reward them for taking down the big boys. Unfortunately, the entire essence of the ap is to crush the weak and take advantage of their weakness while they can and now, they get no reward from it. The code basically encourages ap's to gangbang more powerful people who they could not normally kill themselves, something I don't think many people are fans of.

In summation, I just think the new code could use a bit of tweaking giving the chance of getting multiple charges more on par with the chance of getting no charge. i.e
pk ratio less than 30% = no charge,
pk ratio 30-70% = 1 charge
pk ratio 70-85% = 2 charges
pk ratio 85-95% = 3 charges
pk ratio 95+ = 4 charges

or something to that effect (I am not clear on the exact coding of pk ratios right now but you get the idea).

Alternatively, go back to the old system (it still prevented multi-killing and at least an ap knew he would get a charge if he got the kill. As it is now, it is just just a gamble.)

Another option could be to keep the present code but allow the ap to keep 50% of the souls he has collected upon destruction of the weapon (harness it within his unholy blessing spell or some such.)
Just something to lessen the blow of losing that weapon which is now even harder to make (hopefully we get fewer rage deletes this way.)
This would make it easier to start up another weapon because when you first bless a weapon, you wipe all enchantments from it making it weaker for about 8 kills (maybe 30% more depending on the people you kill) until it equals the enchantments of what it was originally like. I hate this feature by the way.

Anyway, enough of this, I just notice a fair bit of discontent about the class lately and their rarity attests to this. Perhaps something can be done to the ap to make it more enjoyable and less stressful?

Any words Imms?

P.S. I understand that it may have been made more difficult for ap's to get powerful weapons intentionally to make people not rely on them so much. If this is the case, can anything be tweaked to ap's to compensate for this?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicUnholy Blessing Concern [View all] , Angel of Death, Sun 16-Mar-03 02:40 PM
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Valguarnera, 16-Mar-03 03:59 PM, #4
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Boldereth, 16-Mar-03 07:13 PM, #5
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Yanoreth, 16-Mar-03 11:04 PM, #6
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Boldereth, 19-Mar-03 12:08 AM, #16
     Reply Wherein I am vague (surprise!), nepenthe, 19-Mar-03 01:47 AM, #17
          Reply possibly something like, incognito, 19-Mar-03 04:46 AM, #18
          Reply RE: possibly something like, Zulghinlour, 19-Mar-03 05:00 AM, #19
               Reply RE: possibly something like, incognito, 19-Mar-03 03:36 PM, #21
                    Reply And now in my sober state...I understand., Zulghinlour, 19-Mar-03 03:41 PM, #22
                         Reply That's all fine and grand but, Angel of Death, 19-Mar-03 07:20 PM, #23
                              Reply RE: That's all fine and grand but, Valkenar, 20-Mar-03 12:31 AM, #24
                                   Reply No, it only makes number crunching sense. nt, Angel of Death, 20-Mar-03 02:49 AM, #25
                                        Reply No., Valguarnera, 20-Mar-03 03:38 AM, #26
                                             Reply You misunderstood me., Angel of Death, 20-Mar-03 03:00 PM, #27
                                                  Reply RE: You misunderstood me., Ululari, 20-Mar-03 04:39 PM, #28
                                                  Reply Kill who you want, they'll make more., Quislet, 21-Mar-03 01:15 AM, #29
          Reply Joinin' in the guessing..., Laries, 19-Mar-03 11:55 AM, #20
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Krivohan, 16-Mar-03 11:10 PM, #7
Reply Fractions., Valguarnera, 17-Mar-03 03:55 AM, #9
     Reply when you say expectation., incognito, 17-Mar-03 01:20 PM, #11
          Reply Yup., Valguarnera, 17-Mar-03 06:32 PM, #12
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Angel of Death, 17-Mar-03 01:16 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Valguarnera, 17-Mar-03 03:58 AM, #10
Reply charges, incognito, 16-Mar-03 03:31 PM, #2
Reply Yup., Valguarnera, 16-Mar-03 03:49 PM, #3
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Karel, 16-Mar-03 03:05 PM, #1
     Reply Please do not take this the wrong way., permanewbie, 17-Mar-03 08:33 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Please do not take this the wrong way., Karel, 17-Mar-03 11:57 PM, #14
          Reply By the way..., Karel, 18-Mar-03 12:27 AM, #15
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #416 Previous topic | Next topic