Subject: "Outlander question" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3955
Show all folders

ZanyaSun 22-Feb-04 11:51 PM
Member since 22nd Feb 2004
27 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3955, "Outlander question"

I am getting some contradicting info here, so I thought I'd ask out of game. The players, or at least the two I have spoken with, in the Outlanders tell me that coin is useless, you shouldn't carry coins, etc. The Outlander helpfiles and the echos recently seem to suggest that they dislike "economy" in general. However, I am also led to believe that there is a trader within the cabal who sells useful things for coins. And of course there is the matter of healers. I assume, like every cabal, the Outlanders have a healer in their cabal that heals for coin. And even if not there are healers throughout the lands, even in the wilds, who do so. And then there's the many shops which are not located within cities which sell useful things (black roots and yellow flowers come to mind immediately). Anyway, without getting too far off track let me ask:

Is it supposed to be bad for Outlanders to carry coins? Is this a roleplaying choice on the part of these players or an enforced rule? And if coins are considered still useful, what types of shops is it still okay to buy from? I would think the druid in the Holy Grove would be okay, just from a common sense standpoint. But there are many others which come to mind which sit in a gray area.

I guess that's really my question. Coins, bad good? And shops, yes, no, and which ones.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOutlander question [View all] , Zanya, Sun 22-Feb-04 11:51 PM
Reply Perhaps the recent changes to healing at the healer mig..., wakeup_deadman, 23-Feb-04 01:30 AM, #5
Reply RE: Outlander question, Outlander, 23-Feb-04 12:05 AM, #2
Reply Haha, okay, Zanya, 23-Feb-04 12:54 AM, #3
Reply Uhh., Little Timmy (Anonymous), 25-Feb-04 09:33 PM, #6
     Reply Coins, Amaranthe, 25-Feb-04 11:33 PM, #7
Reply Currency, bad., Valguarnera, 23-Feb-04 12:01 AM, #1
     Reply Thanks!, Zanya, 23-Feb-04 12:58 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3955 Previous topic | Next topic