Subject: "Well, here's the way I imagine it." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #323
Show all folders

YaofhilSat 08-Mar-03 05:06 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
40 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#324, "Well, here's the way I imagine it."

You ever try to take water from the dead sea home with you? My friend did. He put it in a jar and took it home with him. He put it on his shelf near a window as some sort of trophy. Anyways, the water was so salty it evaporated through the glass and all, real slow, but steadily. He didn't learn till later that you are supposed to keep it away from the sun. Anyways, as far as potions go. Their substance is partial physics, partial magic. What's to say the magic part can be contained by a physical cork. Or maybe the wizard making the magic messed up and didn't put the proper spell on the cork to contain the magic. There's a hundred different possibilities. Maybe you were running around in too much of a hurry, and accidently busted your potion open. When the game tells you, 'A potion evaporates from disuse', it's a roleplay way of saying 'Hey buddy, you can't carry a fragile glass bottle around with you forever without it breaking somehow.'

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA potion of teleportation evaporates from disuse [View all] , Aidan, Sat 08-Mar-03 02:15 AM
Reply Grumbles just a bit and then winks at the Imms, Xandrya, 10-Mar-03 07:36 PM, #5
Reply Well, here's the way I imagine it., Yaofhil, 08-Mar-03 05:06 AM #1
     Reply RE: Well, here's the way I imagine it., Quislet, 08-Mar-03 05:53 PM, #2
          Reply What would be most realistic, Yanoreth, 08-Mar-03 06:07 PM, #3
               Reply RE: What would be most realistic, Boldereth, 09-Mar-03 10:57 PM, #4
               Reply RE: What would be most realistic, Zargu, 24-Mar-03 11:45 AM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #323 Previous topic | Next topic