Subject: "Felar classes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25
Show all folders

Jozua (Guest)Sun 03-Mar-02 03:37 PM

#25, "Felar classes"

I haven't been playing this mud or any other for a while now, but when i used to play it i enjoyed it very much.
I especially liked to play the felar staff warrior and just go around exploring and grouping and "accidentally" ending up a hero along the line with little or no equipment since i used to die a lot from either aggro mobs she/he didn't know about (i never intended to play a char that knew everything about the world beforehand, even while i did) or those darn invokers who used to pillar of lightning me to death, i remember taking three of those once before i croaked.

Anyway, i was wondering why there isn't a possibility to play a felar healer?

Sure, most people would say that felars lack the self-control or patience to practice the healing arts, but it's also a divine magic.
If a god basically dictates you to go out there and have fun, why wouldn't a chaotic good felar healer be a possible thing? There are bards who follow a god, or are at least close to their path.

I don't believe it's because felars would be too strong as a healer, since the arial (higher dex, just about same vulnerabilities) can choose the class. It can't be the wisdom score, since felars are quite average on that.. same as humans.

Also i don't believe it is because of game balance. There aren't many felars out there, and most are either evil, or assassins. Giving them access to a healer maybe would even the odds inside the felar population so most people would no longer think that being a felar means being evil, or at least not trustworthy.

I never got around to have a character up for empowerment since i couldn't play for the same times as most of the imms are on. I tried a paladin to bria once but gave it up after a month or so, the imms are just human as well and have better things to do than sit around and wait for people worthy of empowerment, but if there would be a felar healer put in here, i'm sure to give it a shot sometime after i figured out at what times the imms i need are on.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFelar classes [View all] , Jozua (Guest), Sun 03-Mar-02 03:37 PM
Reply Felar and empowerment, Yanoreth, 03-Mar-02 05:48 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25 Previous topic | Next topic