Subject: "On Big raids." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #24210
Show all folders

AbernyteMon 30-Mar-09 09:58 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24210, "On Big raids."

Having watched many logs over the years when big numbers of people come to raid I would like to suggest a change to the defense/raid dynamic.

It will be progs based on the ration of raiders to defenders. The imms or the general public can determine what ratio it should kick in at.

I propose that if the ratio is highly in favour of the raiders then the cabal inners should be given skills/spells that can throw raiders out of the room. This brings in a little more tactics to mass raiding other than jump in and all spam skills/spells at defenders. It would give the lone defender (s) a little breathing space and bring more fun to cabal raids. I would like to see raids be less easy to be successful when there are defenders present.

Archmage of scion could earth ripple or buffet.
Bear could do similar or boreal winds type spell.
Destructor could do a shoulder charge or driving charge or similar skill to the headhunters.
Watcher could use his gauntlets to sweep people out of the room.
Assassin in empire and nexus could throw them from the room.
Warlock in empire could maybe morosascharge them.

Or maybe even part of the anti-gang code that soo many people in one room, an accidental elbow smashes you in the face and you stumble north out of the room.

Just though it would add flavour without making things impossible. This would only kick in when raiders are in superior numbers and not when there is even numbers or in favour of defenders, which is seldom the case.

Thoughts?

-----Abernyte

P.S. Beront, you can reply if you wish but I will not read it

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #24210 Previous topic | Next topic