Subject: "RE: A/B/S" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #22421
Show all folders

IsildurFri 19-Sep-08 12:18 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22422, "RE: A/B/S"

I haven't personally experienced the new system, but I gather it goes like this:

Every mage gets a "set" of amber (aura), sienna (shield) and black (barrier) rods. This set never changes for that particular mage. If another mage, who doesn't have one of those locations, looks in, he won't see anything. The guy who does have that location will see a wand. I think they actually appear when you walk into the room. So, if you walk through but don't get it out, then someone else could. Also, I gather that you only start seeing them once you're high enough level to actually use them.

There are also other a/b/s wands that aren't specific to any one mage. These are limited, and often at their limit. Typically these are named something *other* than "amber", "sienna" and "black", but I think there are some amber/sienna/black rods that aren't actually part of the "mage-assigned" group.

One thing I'm unclear on is whether particular a/s/b "groupings" are always handed out as a set, or if you're just randomly assigned aura, shield and barrier locations independent of one another.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA/B/S [View all] , poisonmaster, Fri 19-Sep-08 12:02 AM
Reply I promise you, Stunna, 20-Sep-08 10:17 AM, #6
Reply RE: A/B/S, RobDarken, 19-Sep-08 04:00 PM, #2
Reply There is misinfo in this post., CrftedDeception, 19-Sep-08 04:19 PM, #3
     Reply RE: There is misinfo in this post., Java, 19-Sep-08 04:46 PM, #4
     Reply That's okay, I'll pass., RobDarken, 19-Sep-08 05:48 PM, #5
Reply RE: A/B/S, Isildur, 19-Sep-08 12:18 AM #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #22421 Previous topic | Next topic