Subject: "[Idea] Nofollow and Trust echos..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #12911
Show all folders

SaithSat 15-Apr-06 12:32 PM
Member since 28th Feb 2005
144 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12911, "[Idea] Nofollow and Trust echos..."

I had a thought about 'nofollow'. Sometimes people forget that they have it on, and for others it can be quite a pain trying to let the other person know. Same with 'trustgroup'.

I was thinking it'd be a groovy idea to create an echo for these situations. For example:

I type:
follow Bob

then I get the ol' "He doesn't allow you to" message. But Bob, at the same time would see:

Saith is trying to follow you but you don't let him.

Maybe even through in a "see help follow" just in case.

For the trustgroup issue it would fall under the same guildlines.

I thought it would be a nice addition since it can sometimes take a good 5-6 minutes to try to explain to someone how to trust the group while staying as IC as possible. I know it's simple enough just to send them a tell explaining it, but I still think this is much better.

Tell me what you think.

"Then hunger proved more powerful than grief." - Count Ugolino and the Tower of Hunger

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic[Idea] Nofollow and Trust echos... [View all] , Saith, Sat 15-Apr-06 12:32 PM
Reply I like it. nt, Astillian, 16-Apr-06 02:05 PM, #3
Reply Whatever happened to 'let me follow you?' nt, Scrimbul, 15-Apr-06 02:10 PM, #1
     Reply It isn't so much follow, as it is trust..., Saith, 15-Apr-06 10:33 PM, #2
          Reply ...allow me to do X to you?, Scrimbul, 17-Apr-06 03:48 PM, #4
          Reply RE: ...allow me to do X to you?, Saith, 18-Apr-06 04:22 PM, #7
          Reply I like it with a catch., (NOT Pro), 17-Apr-06 05:24 PM, #5
               Reply But of course...nt, Saith, 18-Apr-06 04:18 PM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #12911 Previous topic | Next topic