Subject: "Accepted" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1102
Show all folders

KastellynThu 22-May-03 05:17 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1111, "Accepted"

I'm a firm believer that the vast majority of players on CF, like the vast majority of people in the world, are good people at heart. They may not all have Knight-like ideals, or be able to live up to the standards they set for themselves when it comes to integrity and honor, but they are at least aware of their shortcomings and work to correct them. People try to become better people; its part of what makes us more than just a collection of conscious cells.

I'm not so much of an optomist, however, that I think that all people are like this; the world will always have its 'Wolf Larsons'* who do what they do to satisfy their baser needs, who look upon those people who follow a moral compass with disdain and contempt. By realizing that what you did was wrong, you've managed to pull yourself a bit more out of the yeasty struggle for dominance that occupies the lower organisms.

So for that understanding and your admittance that what you did was wrong, and that you are not going to do it any more, I accept your apology and I thank you. But you should also thank yourself, because you're about to realize just how much more fun CF is when you don't cheat, when you have just yourself to rely upon, when you can only blame yourself for your mistakes...and only congratulate yourself for your successes. I think every person who has passed this 'stage' in their CF life will back me up when I say this: without cheating, the highs of CF are a lot higher, and the lows are not nearly as low. See you in the Fields!

* Obscure Jack London reference from 'The Sea Wolf'.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicApology [View all] , Shadowmaster, Wed 21-May-03 02:50 AM
Reply Accepted, Kastellyn, 22-May-03 05:17 AM #7
Reply I have to agree with you on that one.., Romanul, 23-May-03 01:25 AM, #9
Reply RE: Apology, Isildur, 21-May-03 09:22 AM, #1
     Reply Step 9?, Shadowmaster, 21-May-03 11:27 AM, #2
          Reply think Isildurs been through AA a bit too long n/t, Quiditus, 21-May-03 11:54 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Step 9?, Theerkla, 21-May-03 04:56 PM, #4
               Reply The situation, Shadowmaster, 21-May-03 07:48 PM, #5
                    Reply That was really good of you. Well done., thornheart, 22-May-03 01:35 AM, #6
                         Reply I am as serious as anyone can be who really seeks inner..., Shadowmaster, 22-May-03 11:59 AM, #8
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1102 Previous topic | Next topic