Subject: "RE: advantages" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1049
Show all folders

ValguarneraMon 19-May-03 12:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1100, "RE: advantages"

As for advantages, evils have ap's and necros with sleep, if its a crowded room you can sleep, blind and such. Making fleeing safer. You dont have that much healing at hand, with the exception of a necro having his zombies there, and his vamp touch. So I would not aggrea that ranking as evil is that much harder than ranking as a goodie.

A necromancer might be the single worst class for ranking. I'm not necessarily opposed to that- the class has a lot of PK offense and smooooveness in other areas, but ranking is definitely one of the class's drawbacks. Zombies and other undead are difficult to use while ranking. You don't want them in the group (for the same reason you don't bring pets ranking), and if they're out of the group they hinder area-effect stuff. Also, Vampiric Touch only shines if you are tanking, and you're mediocre at best at that role. Disruption has some important utility, but at best you're a poor man's invoker, and if you're using Disruption, most of your maledictions are useless.

APs and orcs aren't bad in a group by any means, but I'd definitely prefer a paladin or good-aligned conjurer in that role at the higher levels. At the lower levels, almost any group of three works pretty well anyway, but when the challenge rises, APs and orcs aren't your first choice.

That said, these facts are part of class balance, and not something we're necessarily interested in "fixing"- no class is intended to be good at everything. The Area Team stuff I was discussing elsewhere has more to do with the number and appropriateness of high level areas for each alignment.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicMy 'normal' post for Voogle. [View all] , Dallevian, Wed 14-May-03 02:11 PM
Reply advantages, Larshalv, 19-May-03 05:41 AM, #10
Reply RE: advantages, Valguarnera, 19-May-03 12:33 PM #11
Reply RE: My 'normal' post for Voogle., Isildur, 17-May-03 11:39 PM, #8
Reply There has been internal discussion about this, Zulghinlour, 14-May-03 02:26 PM, #1
     Reply Oh, uh...cool., Dallevian, 14-May-03 03:12 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Oh, uh...cool., Zulghinlour, 14-May-03 05:58 PM, #3
               Reply One more., Dallevian, 15-May-03 02:08 PM, #4
                    Reply RE: One more., Valguarnera, 15-May-03 02:49 PM, #5
                    Reply RE: One more., Ululari, 17-May-03 08:03 PM, #7
                    Reply I agree, Anal_Retentive, 15-May-03 03:22 PM, #6
                         Reply And what about neutrals?, Quislet, 18-May-03 08:00 PM, #9
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1049 Previous topic | Next topic