Subject: "Staff/spear specs lovin'" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #8867
Show all folders

NarissaMon 06-Jun-05 11:16 PM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8867, "Staff/spear specs lovin'"

Think this specs needs lovin'. Somehow I don't it's good enough. Seldom I see anyone using crescent with spears. Also I'd rather use misdirect as compared with leverage. At least I know I can lag the opponent, whereas leverage has only some chance. So why practice leverage at all?

Against all other specs in pk, spear is usually picked for impale for the quick bleed and str/dex loss. Defensive strategy wise, staff/spec specs can't hold against most other offensive specs like concealed, riposte, pincer, etc. Damage wise, they are disadvantage to those dual wielding.

I suggest taking out leverage. Move crescent to leverage skill level at 23. Have something called a backswing at 28. It is a a follow up action after a successful misdirect. Something like rotating the weapon around the wielder's body and hitting with a backswing, one end of the weapon under the arm and the other end swinging at the opponent. Random hit the chest (50%) for bigger damage, hit head (10%)to a bit of like cranial cum lag, hit arm (20%) for small damage cum disarm, hit leg (20%) with moderate damage cum short dex loss.

Comments?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #8867 Previous topic | Next topic