Subject: "Thief idea:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #8779
Show all folders

TFONSun 29-May-05 05:23 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
23 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8779, "Thief idea:"

Just an odd thought for thieves' specialization makeover- what about a sort of divided "turf" map that works within urban (city, road) areas? i.e. My hometown is Arkham, and I only use the guild there. Thus, my thief-specific area would likely only be Arkham and surrounding road/non-wilds, perhaps the Basilica. However, the same thief chooses to join the Voralian City guild, which overrides his Arkham hometown status, and thus the roads around Voralian and the city itself become "home territory" for the thief.

While in home territory, the thief gains a few small, but important benefits:

1. Urban pathfinding. It's not THAT much to ask when you have to rely on trip, say, as a poisoner, to keep people around. On the other hand, a confuse-poisoned victim would be leaving wobbling, circular trails of urine because that thief can MOVE in his home turf. I think that's the way a thief should be, when he's in familiar territory.

2. Give blackjacks 1 more tick, give trap effects a big boost, poisons a small one.

3. ALL thieves can sell and buy at increased/decreased prices in their home town. The city ties path thief fencing in his hometown could then make a SERIOUS bit of cash, as their specialty seems most relative to doing so than the others.

4. A small chance for mob assistance from non-lawful NPCs, who know the high-rank thief by reputation- perhaps they charge for assistance, however...

I simply see it as a great vehicle for RP, interesting strategic applications via cabal/turf choice, and the limits of class/guild/hometown combinations.

The Faithful of Nazmorghul

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #8779 Previous topic | Next topic