Subject: "Warriors and healing" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #6090
Show all folders

BlobqirtWed 13-Oct-04 07:55 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
54 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6090, "Warriors and healing"

After having a little time to think about it, and after playing Golron I had a little idea.

Warriors at the moments have berserk, at hero it is about 100 hps or so each time. If a warrior is maledicted by a shaman/necro/dagger spec and they cant get to a healer through quaffing, or moves run out, they are pretty much up the creek without a paddle. Alot of other classes have a way to avoid such things or heal it, hide, vanish, bindwounds, word, teleport so on and so forth. Where as with Golron, if I had no potions (usually because I really can't be bothered wasting time getting potions/preps ) and was maledicted by a dagger spec *shakes his fist at Jinroh* I would be losing around 100hps a round, even for a dwarf, it would be hard for me to survive, especially if I had been in a fight and was even slightly wounded. I understand warriors are the masters of combat, and nowadays with legacies and specs I agree with this. Keeping this in mind, if a warrior spends their entire lives fighting and being wounded, would it not be reasonable to believe that they might have ways to deal with a few wounds a little more effectively then berserking?

Im not asking for anything along the lines of 200 hp heals every second tick, yet what I was thinking is a high level skill, maybe level 45 or so, between legacies, that affects berserk. Maybe also away to snazz up the berserk echos. My idea was to have the skill affect berserk in aspects of healing. For example, if a character has been hamstrung by a dagger spec, have a little echo come with the berserk along the lines of "Using your knowledge of battle wounds you manage to stem the bleeding of your hamstrings." Maybe have it slow the bleeding much like the paladin virute which pauses maledictions, or have it reduce the timer by a small degree, or even reduce the actual damage of the bleeding, so instead of taking DISMEMBERS you take lower caps like decimates. Maybe something similar for other maledictions like plague, scourge, it wouldn't make too much sense for the skill to completely remove these spells/sups as these would render viable tactics against warriors as useless, yet perhaps give the warriors a chance to survive these things. Perhaps a timer on how long you can use it after combat, and not let it affect berserk while fighting.

Just an idea, would like to hear other thoughts and such on this.

Blobqirt

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWarriors and healing [View all] , Blobqirt, Wed 13-Oct-04 07:55 AM
Reply Whilst bleeding is deadlier than b4, incognito, 13-Oct-04 04:41 PM, #9
Reply RE: Warriors and healing, Ghim, 13-Oct-04 01:15 PM, #8
Reply What would they give up?, Valguarnera, 13-Oct-04 12:32 PM, #7
Reply I love your bash suggestion., Cerunnir, 13-Oct-04 07:35 PM, #10
Reply I think you mean feasible. They're already quite feasta..., Valguarnera, 13-Oct-04 07:43 PM, #11
     Reply No no no! You got me all wrong! :-) Damn your language ..., Cerunnir, 13-Oct-04 07:45 PM, #12
Reply RE: What would they give up?, Blobqirt, 13-Oct-04 10:25 PM, #13
Reply An idea.., Domino, 14-Oct-04 11:11 AM, #15
Reply RE: Warriors and healing, Isildur, 13-Oct-04 09:36 AM, #4
Reply RE: Warriors and healing, Blobqirt, 13-Oct-04 09:50 AM, #5
Reply Additional prep, Astillian, 14-Oct-04 08:16 AM, #14
Reply RE: Warriors and healing, Qaledus, 13-Oct-04 09:34 AM, #3
Reply RE: Warriors and healing, Kastellyn, 13-Oct-04 08:43 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Warriors and healing, Blobqirt, 13-Oct-04 09:15 AM, #2
     Reply Have to agree on this one, Theerkla, 13-Oct-04 10:26 AM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #6090 Previous topic | Next topic