Subject: "Weapon Familiarity Suggestion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60288
Show all folders

NoobzillaMon 03-Aug-15 08:50 PM
Member since 03rd Aug 2015
8 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60288, "Weapon Familiarity Suggestion"

I understand it would be quite an undertaking, but I figure it couldn't hurt to suggest.

What if using a specific weapon for a long period of time increased your ability to use the weapon (as it would be IRL). I've played console games on SNES etc where you actually gain a level of experience with a certain weapon, and thought it was an awesome and realistic feature.

For example, in CF mastering sword skill will make a straight-bladed shortsword and a long-curved scimitar "feel like a part of you". And that's all fair and good, but honestly a heavy curved scimitar would feel quite foreign at first, after having used a light rapier for 15 ranks (or what have you). Not to say that with 100% sword skill you shouldn't be able to alternate between the two effectively, but perhaps just subtle perks, increased hitroll and slight dam roll or something of the like. If you are about to fight a very worthy opponent, then it would be wise to use the weapon that you worked out all the nuances with in real battle, rather than a shiny new weapon you just bought from a merchant or picked up from a corpse.

Some polearms are more like spears, others more like axes. A giant, top heavy mace would have much different physics than a sturdy baton, though they are both classified as maces. Hatches and double-bladed axes, whips and chains, etc.

I'd be willing to give a go at coding this granted I was given access to the necessary mechanics and info.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWeapon Familiarity Suggestion [View all] , Noobzilla, Mon 03-Aug-15 08:50 PM
Reply Lost my weapon, time to delete. nt, Artificial, 05-Aug-15 08:28 AM, #1
     Reply There's a class for that, KaguMaru, 05-Aug-15 02:49 PM, #2
     Reply I saw this in a commercial: "There's an ap for that!" ..., Quixotic, 05-Aug-15 03:57 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Lost my weapon, time to delete. nt, Noobzilla, 10-Aug-15 07:27 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60288 Previous topic | Next topic