Subject: "This is going nowhere." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #58117
Show all folders

MendosTue 27-Jan-15 02:58 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2013
180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58159, "This is going nowhere."
Edited on Tue 27-Jan-15 03:20 PM

It is obvious to me that we cannot find common ground here. Someone gives you a rational response, and logic behind the system, so you change tack and come at your objective from another angle.

"Even if you enjoy practicing (which I'm not sure how someone can enjoy learning non-combat skills especially)"..

Not on you to decide what other players do and do not enjoy.

"it's not good for the environment of the game if you're spending several hours away from everyone else and not interacting"..

Fair enough, but there are other (easier) ways to achieve a higher concentration of players within the existing world. Only one of the requires faster learning rates specifically. I don't see why we would change something that factors in so much and could have unintended consequences, when easier solutions exist?

(And no not easier solutions to your specific character problem, but easier solutions to the problem you stated in your immediate post above, which is lack of interaction and people being too spread out.)

Addendum, before I get back to area writing: You personally make a choice to play a High STR/High INT build at character creation. You personally choose to spam those skills up to maximize advantages over other players.

Those are two choices you make in your play. You cannot blame admins for not shifting goalposts to give a racial build* an even greater power:investment ratio than exists today.

*A racial choice which has already been shown to be competitive, and to be able to go toe to toe with other builds, I might add. Even post DEX changes.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAdjusting the bonus numbers [View all] , Torak, Sat 24-Jan-15 11:09 PM
Reply RE: Adjusting the bonus numbers, Umiron, 27-Jan-15 11:06 AM, #4
Reply I should have clarified, Torak, 27-Jan-15 11:45 AM, #5
     Reply No, it was pretty clear., Mendos, 27-Jan-15 12:11 PM, #6
          Reply Well if I could simplify it from a player perspective, Torak, 27-Jan-15 01:08 PM, #7
               Reply RE: Well if I could simplify it from a player perspecti..., Verathi, 27-Jan-15 01:42 PM, #8
                    Reply Even so, Torak, 27-Jan-15 02:35 PM, #9
                         Reply This is going nowhere., Mendos, 27-Jan-15 03:20 PM #10
                              Reply Not trying to make a conflict here, Torak, 27-Jan-15 04:59 PM, #11
                                   Reply Alright chief, no worries.., Mendos, 28-Jan-15 01:56 PM, #12
Reply Any thoughts on this? nt, Torak, 27-Jan-15 02:53 AM, #1
     Reply Don't like it., Mendos, 27-Jan-15 08:31 AM, #2
     Reply I don't like it either., Deaer (Anonymous), 27-Jan-15 09:17 AM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #58117 Previous topic | Next topic