Subject: "Rolling" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5610
Show all folders

GnomeTue 24-Aug-04 02:13 AM
Member since 07th Jul 2004
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5610, "Rolling"

Not sure if this has been discussed before. Not exactly gameplay ... more a pre-game thing.

I was wondering if a lot of people rolling at the same time using the variety of auto-rollers out there is any kind of a strain on the game server?

Even if not, wouldn't it be preferable to have a different stat selection process than the current Yes/No rolling system? Played some other muds where character points can be designated to the various attributes. For example, for a certain race/class you're given 100 character points and then distribute them accordingly.

Of course, the current limits would be maintained and nothing would really change except the method of selection. Surely this is easier for the player population as a whole and more of an equaliser for newbies and experienced players? Sure the auto-rollers are easy to get/install but for those newer players, this would be better.

Some things may need to be tweaked a little. Like with my 100 points I could use up the points so wouldn't have to train as much WIS or STR whereas someone with the same race/class combi may prefer to roll in such a way that he/she can maximise other attributes. Again, the overall limits for races & classes shouldn't be changed.

Just a pre-game-balance suggestion.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRolling [View all] , Gnome, Tue 24-Aug-04 02:13 AM
Reply RE: Rolling, Zulghinlour, 24-Aug-04 10:12 AM, #2
Reply RE: Rolling, Valguarnera, 24-Aug-04 08:55 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5610 Previous topic | Next topic