Subject: "RE: Just not seeing a situation" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #50746
Show all folders

EskelianTue 13-Aug-13 11:13 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50775, "RE: Just not seeing a situation"

Few things.

Poisoner - outside of eating maggots (which should be fixed/removed as a viable option) I don't see what a poisoner would do that's really that nasty. They're tedious/annoying but not lethal (to my chars, recently at least, I haven't died to a poisoner since suggest pwk from Zulg's thief).

Trapper - Setting traps is a painful, expensive process that takes forever and can backfire. I'm not really worried about a trapper setting traps while he has me knocked out.

Thug - I mean they have an extra attack and parting block - which is cool, it's not going to kill me though since if I get knocked out I'm *going* to run. Unless they land blind on me while slept (easier said than done) I'm going to just rest/quaff if he doesn't open and if he opens I'm going to flee and do the same thing. Or outright run on foot. Or just kick their ass depending on what I'm playing. I've had paladins for instance who just ate cheapshots and still killed the attacker.

Binder - if they get the leg bindings on you, you walk slow as hell and it destroys your movement. The blindfold is an "easy to land" blindness on your target to prevent them from getting a potion from their container. Unbinding is very laggy (I want to say 4+ rounds). This makes it much less likely that you get away if I open backstab into chase/cheap shot. Now, if you can actually get them into a trip spam *after* opening backstab and you *still can't* kill them then it wasn't meant to be anyway and you need to loop in a better tank.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAdd thief binding to Improved hide? [View all] , enyuu, Sun 11-Aug-13 10:51 PM
Reply RE: Add thief binding to Improved hide?, Eskelian, 11-Aug-13 10:54 PM, #1
     Reply Thug is still most lethal, binders just kill otherwise ..., Scrimbul, 12-Aug-13 04:59 AM, #2
          Reply Now that anyone can get cheapshot..., Eskelian, 12-Aug-13 10:59 AM, #3
               Reply Have you ever ran into a poisoner?, Torak, 12-Aug-13 01:04 PM, #4
                    Reply RE: Have you ever ran into a poisoner?, Eskelian, 12-Aug-13 02:11 PM, #5
                    Reply Suggest eat works just fine., Gaplemo, 13-Aug-13 04:41 AM, #8
                    Reply RE: Have you ever ran into a poisoner?, Daevryn, 12-Aug-13 11:15 PM, #6
                    Reply Just not seeing a situation, Torak, 13-Aug-13 02:20 AM, #7
                         Reply RE: Just not seeing a situation, Eskelian, 13-Aug-13 11:13 AM #9
                              Reply Zulg never had a dope poisoner., Gaplemo, 13-Aug-13 12:24 PM, #10
                                   Reply I'm ok with most of that...but I'm not ok with "suggest..., Eskelian, 13-Aug-13 01:21 PM, #11
                                        Reply Super secret way to never die to maggots!, Gaplemo, 13-Aug-13 04:30 PM, #12
                                             Reply RE: Super secret way to never die to maggots!, Eskelian, 14-Aug-13 12:31 AM, #13
                                                  Reply RE: Super secret way to never die to maggots!, Daevryn, 14-Aug-13 12:35 AM, #14
                                                       Reply Plus, Tsunami, 14-Aug-13 10:00 AM, #15
                                                       Reply RE: Super secret way to never die to maggots!, Eskelian, 14-Aug-13 10:57 AM, #16
                                                            Reply RE: Super secret way to never die to maggots!, Valkenar, 16-Aug-13 05:52 AM, #18
                                                                 Reply Makes me think of a song..., Tsunami, 16-Aug-13 10:02 AM, #19
                                                                      Reply Real truth inside..., TMNS, 16-Aug-13 10:32 AM, #20
                    Reply Insta-killing is for chumps. Make them open the deck o..., TMNS, 14-Aug-13 02:21 PM, #17
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #50746 Previous topic | Next topic