Subject: "One note on what you said about the RNG..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4026
Show all folders

LarcatSat 28-Feb-04 04:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4032, "One note on what you said about the RNG..."

My current char I've spam pracced more than any other char I've played. After doing this I basically chalk all sorts of crap up to the RNG. I would have times when I'd get 10 learns in 10 minutes, and times when I'd get none in an hour. None of that diminshes my enjoyment of the game at all, but the one cool thing about it is that, when the RNG ####s you it is doubtful that you will die unless you were going to die anyways. I.E if you were getting ganged to ####, the RNG being very nice to you isn't going to save you're ass, however, if the RNG helps you in spots where you had a chance, but a slim one, you occasionally will do things you didn't really realize your char could do, which is fun, especially from an rp perspective. So basically, that element of chance allows you to have memorable moments IC. If CF was chess, it woulden't allow rp in the way it does now. Instead it is more like poker, I love both games, but poker is better.

MUCH LOVE, and leave the RNG crappy, I think it helps the game.

-Larcat

"New payment options w/ Iron Realms"

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDon't feel bitter Zulg. [View all] , Jhyrbian, Sat 28-Feb-04 01:35 AM
Reply One note on what you said about the RNG..., Larcat, 28-Feb-04 04:16 PM #5
Reply I know you do buddy, Zulghinlour, 28-Feb-04 01:57 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I know you do buddy, Jhyrbian, 28-Feb-04 08:07 AM, #2
          Reply COUGH COUGH COUGH, Phaistus, 28-Feb-04 03:27 PM, #3
               Reply His axes are soooooooo manly. And he's such a leader. O..., Larcat, 28-Feb-04 04:10 PM, #4
               Reply RE: COUGH COUGH COUGH, Jhyrbian, 28-Feb-04 05:05 PM, #6
                    Reply Manly kind of love? nt, Vladamir, 28-Feb-04 10:15 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4026 Previous topic | Next topic