Subject: "Carrion Fields Skype Chat" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36543
Show all folders

SplntrdSat 27-Nov-10 01:21 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36543, "Carrion Fields Skype Chat"
Edited on Sat 27-Nov-10 01:22 PM

Inspired by Santa Zulgh, I've set up a Carrion Fields group in Skype currently called "CF Skype Chat". You can't join Skype groups; you have to be invited. So, add my name: ajhuston2. In the add request, give me your forum handle and ask to be added to the CF skype group. New channel members can also invite other people to the chat.

This isn't exclusive; this is for the entire community. If the IMMs want, it's really easy to give them powers over the channel equal to the admins. I think for now standard rules apply: try not to share sensitive information in the Skype group, since this may become an "official" operation. If this is a problem for you, you can privately IM people in the chat, or even create your own group chat fairly easily.

If IMMs get involved, it can be used for round table type discussion with the staff. The idea is to offer an alternative to IRC that is newer, easier to use and moderate, more newbie-friendly, but not vet-unfriendly. Talk #### all you want; I don't care if you reveal your characters, that's your decision. However, while doing so remember that everyone in the CF community can potentially have access to the Skype chat AND can read messages sent while they're not online AND can participate in the chat even if their Skype status is invisible. The same problems with revealing your characters on Dio's apply.

As channel operator, I can also retroactively edit or delete messages. I will reserve the use of this power to special requests ("I was drunk and revealed my character") and to suppress information the staff doesn't want circulated, like wand locations.

Question, comments, discussion? Reply to thread or PM me. Hope you're all having a good weekend.

To download Skype: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home

Splntrd

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCarrion Fields Skype Chat [View all] , Splntrd, Sat 27-Nov-10 01:21 PM
Reply Looks good so far!, Splntrd, 29-Nov-10 01:55 PM, #1
     Reply Imm involvment could be very bad., Stalkinghorse, 29-Nov-10 03:53 PM, #2
          Reply It's primarily text., Splntrd, 29-Nov-10 04:40 PM, #3
               Reply of course voice chat would be useful., Stalkinghorse, 29-Nov-10 05:19 PM, #4
                    Reply Well, yes, but, Splntrd, 29-Nov-10 06:38 PM, #5
                         Reply It's all good. I was just playing about Z. n/t, Stalkinghorse, 29-Nov-10 07:15 PM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36543 Previous topic | Next topic