Subject: "Wood-Elf Savage questions..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #29902
Show all folders

SavageRanger (Guest)Mon 11-Jan-10 12:05 PM

#29902, "Wood-Elf Savage questions..."

I've decided I may just try a wood elf savage from what I've read. I've been going back and fourth on which race to pick with a savage, and I think wood-elf will be best bet for first time ranger.

My questions are;

1. Is it true that wood elves get a bonus to ambush, entangle, and ranger staff/spear? All three of them?

2. If I pick a wood elf savage, does that mean that my ambush bonus from being a wood elf would be even stronger if I choose to become a savage? I think someone said savages get a bonus to ambush as well. So, in theory, would that kind of be 2x the ambush as a wood elf savage?

3. It's also said that a wood elf savage/swamp ranger would be able to put plague on a staff? Is this only if I choose the terrain of swamps? Can I only do this to my staff if it's in the swamps? Can you put poison and plague on your staff as a woodelf?

4. I dont know much of swamps, but my skills will only be effective within a swamp? Meaning, outside of a swamp, but still in the woods my skills are going to suck? If so, do you think it's better for me to pick another terrain expertise? Or, maybe the one where I dont get a bonus to attacks, but I am good in all terrains?

5. Wood elves are vulnerable to iron, and iron is a metal. So, if i'm a savage with protection from metals does that negate the vulnerability of being an elf?

6. My RP as a wood elf savage would be to attack all that do not belong in the woods, and maybe be weirded out or scared of each creature that enters the woods, and attack them on sight just because I feel threatened within the woods from them. Kind of like I attack them before they get the chance to attack me. That's just off the top of my head. But, a wood elf is a neutral. IF an imm thinks that I'm not being "neutral" and he decides to change me to evil, or however they do it, would I lose skills for that?

7. Regarding question #6; I've never RP'd a neutral, nor played an outlander before, but I kind of get the jist of it, but want to pk, and actually have with with with the game but do you think it'd be wise for me to pick an evil race just to be forsure that I dont break the role of a neutral?

p.s. I'm learning alot from the answers you are giving me, but I dont have all the help files to look up stuff. So, i'm just driven to ask these questions. Thanks for the help.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWood-Elf Savage questions... [View all] , SavageRanger (Guest), Mon 11-Jan-10 12:05 PM
Reply RE: Wood-Elf Savage questions..., Pro (Guest), 19-Jan-10 02:19 PM, #10
Reply RE: Wood-Elf Savage questions..., Daevryn, 11-Jan-10 12:48 PM, #2
Reply Yes, It's complicated., SavageRanger (Guest), 11-Jan-10 01:09 PM, #5
Reply You know..., Daurwyn2 (Guest), 11-Jan-10 03:45 PM, #6
     Reply I would say the Wiki too, but it's blown up w/ the Skul..., Straklaw, 11-Jan-10 09:12 PM, #9
Reply In the spirit of info sharing..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 11-Jan-10 08:17 PM, #8
Reply Does Wilderness Fam only work within your home terrain?, WoodelfRanger (Guest), 11-Jan-10 12:10 PM, #1
     Reply Works in any wilderness. (n/t), Daevryn, 11-Jan-10 12:49 PM, #3
     Reply having fought tons and tons and tons and tons and tons ..., quas (Guest), 11-Jan-10 05:20 PM, #7
          Reply This is so wrong even wrong says its wrong., Pro (Guest), 19-Jan-10 02:23 PM, #11
               Reply FWIW, Daevryn, 19-Jan-10 02:26 PM, #12
               Reply Care to explain how?, Pro (Guest), 19-Jan-10 05:44 PM, #13
                    Reply RE: Care to explain how?, Daevryn, 19-Jan-10 07:05 PM, #14
                         Reply I do not typically open with ambush., Pro (Guest), 19-Jan-10 09:36 PM, #15
                              Reply RE: I do not typically open with ambush., Daevryn, 19-Jan-10 10:16 PM, #16
                              Reply Re ambush, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 20-Jan-10 03:39 AM, #17
               Reply You are wrong here Pro, Abernytee (Guest), 20-Jan-10 07:01 AM, #18
     Reply RE: Does Wilderness Fam only work within your home terr..., Daurwyn2 (Guest), 11-Jan-10 12:51 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #29902 Previous topic | Next topic