Subject: "Poisoners are different" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25229
Show all folders

AmortisWed 17-Jun-09 03:29 PM
Member since 12th Jun 2007
69 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25268, "Poisoners are different"

I tried a poisoner, and it takes patience. Similar, I experimented a lot with a poisoner in game, and learned first hand that there are tons of creative ways to take down any class in the game.

The player who likes a poisoner or a trapper will be the kind that sees a tall ceiling to his potential depending on what he can find and how clever he is. A few folks already spelled out some strategies.

A successful poisoner will know about lots of different bad foods, cursed weapons, and other things all over thera he can Suggest a target to wear.

Push and thief waylay can help you get suggests off. You can jack a person, then while they are sleeping apply inhaled. yep. Think of what you could do with that!

Powerful neuro poison can cause blindness. And forget. Depending on the concoction these will flake in periodically or potentially stick around.

That said, poisoning is still hard. It takes timing, hit points (don't gear for damage) and yes luck. But what other class can get an AP to wield a cursed level 5 dagger instead of his unholy blessed axe?

That said, I vouch that poison skills are too expensive. If you go all poisoning I think it costs around 60 points. Granted, poisoners get 17 skills, way more than other paths, but still hard to work with.

I looked into a poisoner adding the basics: plant, scrolls and knife, That's 81 points. You got 19 left to get creative with. Maybe blackjack and shield block. Maybe push and thief waylay and cheap shot. Bleah, not a lot of room for creativity in the build.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicThe problem with poisoners [View all] , DaeDroug, Tue 16-Jun-09 02:41 AM
Reply RE: The problem with poisoners, DaeDroug, 19-Jun-09 01:39 AM, #10
Reply RE: The problem with poisoners, DaeDroug, 19-Jun-09 04:32 AM, #11
Reply As a sad person who actually played the first incarnati..., Torak, 17-Jun-09 11:35 PM, #8
Reply RE: As a sad person who actually played the first incar..., DaeDroug, 18-Jun-09 06:16 AM, #9
Reply Poisoners are different, Amortis, 17-Jun-09 03:29 PM #7
Reply I pretty much agree, NMTW, 16-Jun-09 12:31 PM, #3
Reply RE: I pretty much agree, Daevryn, 16-Jun-09 12:45 PM, #4
Reply RE: I pretty much agree, Sebeok, 16-Jun-09 01:05 PM, #5
Reply Check my Migra log here on officials or on QHCF, Quixotic, 16-Jun-09 11:06 AM, #2
Reply your not using the build well, laxman, 16-Jun-09 08:12 AM, #1
     Reply RE: your not using the build well, DaeDroug, 16-Jun-09 03:53 PM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25229 Previous topic | Next topic