Subject: "Just wanted to say, I'm impressed with whats been changing lately." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2334
Show all folders

StunnaSun 21-Sep-03 10:46 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2334, "Just wanted to say, I'm impressed with whats been changing lately."

I think we hear a lot of bitching, and I just wanted to take a minute to give praise for some of the really great things that have been added lately.

Legacies. Warriors want to hero, and a warrior at hero is on par with every other class. This is an added bonus for non-warrior classes who need tanks to rank. Legacies give warriors a reason to reach those high levels.

NEW PRACTICE SYSTEM KICKS ASS. I can NOT understand why people are complaining. Spamming your weapons skills is completely unnecassary and almost completely worthless. Almost, I say. Honestly, if you can't find a way to pound your cranial skill, or have defenses go up under the new system you are retarded. My level 27 dwarf has all his important abilities mastered, and some of them through spamming. ITS NOT THAT HARD. But I can't tell you how great it is just to be able to roll a character, and play it. The less time we spend practicing the more time we can spend having fun.

Succumb command turns one of the more overpowered spells in the game into something much easier to deal with. Nightgaunts always made the weakhearted stay in hiding spots and not rank or RP. Adding the succumb command made conjies think twice - and opens up time for other characters to do fun stuff with yours.

Throwdown is so logcial. I'm glad it finally went in.

Now the anti-ganging code? This makes the game that much more playable, and discourages hiding all the more. Mad kudos.

Not to mention all the amazing work heroimms are doing to turn CF into 100% unique areas. New areas and stuff are going in all the time. There is an alarming % of armor out there that I don't have memorized. So much new stuff gives the game a great new feel for all the old players that were sick of the same old armor.

CF is at a new high. I think we lagged for a couple years with out any real improvements - but for the last year we've been booming. I have a new sense of excitement over CF that I haven't had since I started playing in 96.

Now if you could just get those heroes to stop being such pussies...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicJust wanted to say, I'm impressed with whats been chang... [View all] , Stunna, Sun 21-Sep-03 10:46 PM
Reply All good stuff, but I would like to rehash one I though..., Deavr, 22-Sep-03 10:41 PM, #1
     Reply RE: All good stuff, but I would like to rehash one I th..., Stunna, 24-Sep-03 11:48 AM, #2
          Reply agree apart from one point, incognito, 24-Sep-03 12:05 PM, #3
          Reply Point conceded. But still,, Stunna, 24-Sep-03 04:22 PM, #4
          Reply I agree with your view on other tactics are usually bet..., Deavr, 24-Sep-03 08:19 PM, #5
          Reply RE: All good stuff, but I would like to rehash one I th..., Boldereth, 28-Sep-03 05:34 PM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2334 Previous topic | Next topic