Subject: "You used the word betwixt..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2134
Show all folders

ZepachuThu 28-Aug-03 11:38 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2138, "You used the word betwixt..."

...that's part of the reason why you're awesome.

Betwixt.

hahaha

Actually relevant to thread:

I don't think these things would help stop cheaters, but it is appreciated that you put some thought into a solution rather than just bitching about it like some others do. We all know that there are OOC rings out there, and there are people sharing questy info and whatnot... Nothing we can do will stop that. The only thing that will is people being more 'moral' ... which inevitably gets the "It's a game, I'd rather focus on (something) instead of (some other) aspects."

Either way, I have always played for me. I don't cheat by way of using any OOC information to effect my character, which is the main reason why I only play one character at a time as well. There are other ways to help prevent yourself from 'accidently' or 'temptingly' using that kind of info. It's all about will power. I have fun with the GAME whether I die or not, whether I complete a quest or not, or get a tattoo, etc. If I'm not having 'fun' with my 'character' for a considerable amount of time, I delete and move on to something fresh. More people should have that outlook.

The truth of the matter is, psychologically people want instant gratification, or just general satisfaction, with none of the drawbacks. It's a game. You will die. You will get full looted. You will get ganged by six Maran/Imperials. You will live. You will regear. You will have some interactions. You will make 'friends' in game. The sooner people realize that, the sooner cheating will become less of a NECESSITY. That's what it is presently viewed and rationalized as by the Cheaters themselves.

Imms can't stop another website from posting ANYTHING. They have no control over it, nor should they. The only thing they can do is look for suspicious behavior, and hell, maybe even infiltrate those places and look for patterns. But I personally think that's going too far. They set out a bunch of rules, and look for people violating them. That's all they can do.

Furthermore, they appreciate input and feedback about things that look suspicious. Maybe they missed it. E-mail them if you have 'proof'...

That gives me an idea. Abuse@CarrionFields.com ? An Immortal response on that is pretty much necessary. Maybe if you Imms set up a specific e-mail account that would receive these reports, it would be more used and easier for you to sift through, rather than someone e-mailing "Imms@..." and people on the ImmStaff unnecessarily being spammed.

Shrug,

Zepachu.

The Nile ain't just a river in Egypt.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWhy not be brutal? [View all] , luis, Thu 28-Aug-03 06:57 PM
Reply RE: Why not be brutal?, Boldereth, 04-Sep-03 12:49 PM, #11
Reply RE: Why not be brutal?, shokai, 28-Aug-03 11:12 PM, #3
Reply You used the word betwixt..., Zepachu, 28-Aug-03 11:38 PM #4
     Reply wherein I use another fun word.., shokai, 28-Aug-03 11:49 PM, #5
          Reply Don't hurt me, Shok., Zepachu, 28-Aug-03 11:53 PM, #6
          Reply to quote Mark Twain:, shokai, 29-Aug-03 12:11 AM, #7
               Reply RE: to quote Mark Twain:, Quiditus, 31-Aug-03 03:19 PM, #9