Subject: "No, what I was suggesting..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #20618
Show all folders

WildGirlWed 20-Feb-08 11:10 PM
Member since 16th Sep 2004
250 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20629, "No, what I was suggesting..."

Aside from a way to make money (that got shot down, and I'm happy to take constructive criticism), was that a limited character slot opens up every now and then for certain offbeat race/class combinations.

Though, all races able to play all classes has worked for some MUDs. If you don't want to do it, I completely understand, since there really isn't a reason to.

In response to Valg's post above, how are minotaurs any different from "humans in a cow costume" or, for that matter, "humans in <insert race> costume"? I suggest ideas that I think will make the game more fun, interesting, and spice up some activities. I want to see CF succeed. What I hear a LOT of the time from imm staff (especially those that have been around for a long time) is "No. I'm not even willing to consider the idea. It's completely ludicrous and you're dumb for even suggesting it." A lot of players hear that too and it comes off as being hostile and inhospitable by the players. Then, changes do happen. Look at, for example, the arena. Long ago, it was said that it was a ridiculous idea that people could fight each other without the risk of loss of con and gear. Yet, it did eventually come to fruition and people were impressed and happy with it. Better still, the sky didn't fall, the horseman of the apocalypse didn't come down in a fiery mass and smite all of creation. *shrug*

Something that makes the game fun without a balance issue that can be controlled by the imms - in this case, for example, where releasing a few limited character combos - would improve the game's fun factor and give vets something new to try out. Can you honestly tell me that a limited character elf assassin would be overpowered? I can take criticism and I hear other points of view, but when you say something like "So, you want us to open up all races to play all classes... I don't think so", you come off as a sarcastic, bitter, elitist know-it-all. I don't want to completely disillusion you all up there in immdom, but you're just normal people like us. Since we are in a symbiotic relationship where neither of us (the staff and players) exist without one another, maybe we could both be a little nicer when trying to reply to each others' ideas.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicDonations for Characters [View all] , WildGirl, Wed 20-Feb-08 03:06 PM
Reply RE: Donations for Characters, Eshval, 01-Mar-08 08:16 PM, #21
Reply Not sure about the rest of the playerbase:, UncleArzzra, 01-Mar-08 09:38 PM, #22
Reply If I bath in the blood of stillborn infants, screaming ..., TheLastMohican, 03-Mar-08 08:06 PM, #23
     Reply Doof nt, Eshval, 04-Mar-08 07:36 PM, #24
Reply RE: Donations for Characters, Daevryn, 21-Feb-08 10:43 AM, #14
Reply RE: Donations for Characters, WildGirl, 21-Feb-08 03:22 PM, #15
Reply RE: Donations for Characters, Daevryn, 21-Feb-08 03:56 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Donations for Characters, Enlilth, 22-Feb-08 08:44 AM, #20
Reply RE: Donations for Characters, Isildur, 21-Feb-08 08:10 PM, #17
Reply Ugh., Valguarnera, 20-Feb-08 07:46 PM, #9
Reply RE: Ugh., wareagle, 20-Feb-08 11:24 PM, #11
Reply RE: Ugh., WildGirl, 20-Feb-08 11:26 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Ugh., Valguarnera, 21-Feb-08 07:57 AM, #13
Reply One of the things we pride ourselves on..., Zulghinlour, 20-Feb-08 05:26 PM, #5
Reply *shrug* Same suggestion, minus money. nt, WildGirl, 20-Feb-08 05:34 PM, #6
     Reply So you want us to open up all races to play all classes..., Zulghinlour, 20-Feb-08 07:15 PM, #8
          Reply No, what I was suggesting..., WildGirl, 20-Feb-08 11:10 PM #10
Reply Pretty much the worst idea I've heard all year., TheDude, 20-Feb-08 03:38 PM, #3
Reply Well, yes and no, WildGirl, 20-Feb-08 03:52 PM, #4
     Reply The games with xp slips, DurNominator, 21-Feb-08 11:58 PM, #18
Reply No, Tac, 20-Feb-08 03:13 PM, #1
     Reply Because communism doesn't work? n/t, WildGirl, 20-Feb-08 03:19 PM, #2
          Reply And that's relevant... how? nt, Splntrd, 20-Feb-08 05:46 PM, #7
          Reply It can work, in a community tiny enough.., DurNominator, 22-Feb-08 12:16 AM, #19
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #20618 Previous topic | Next topic