Subject: "At the Risk of Rehashing This" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19348
Show all folders

KastellynThu 11-Oct-07 11:53 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19503, "At the Risk of Rehashing This"

In general, I'm fine with different folks having different interpretations of the tablet and plaque. I've said before that this encourages conflict and non "cookie-cutter" roles within the Village, and makes for more interesting RP - which is a good thing.

Again in general, the farther afield you go from the standard interpretation of both the tablet and plaque, the more you run the risk of coming into conflict with someone who doesn't agree with your interpretation. If said person is a Village leader, or a Village Immortal, you may not like the results. For example: Kasty has his own way of looking at the plaque when it comes to defenders and scouts. Ysal has her own way of looking at the plaque when it comes to Villagers in general. Our reactions to the same "transgression" by your character might range from complete indifference, to great praise, to a stern warning that this behavior won't be tolerated. Before you complain about the non-standardization of these reactions, remember that I'm talking about:

a) A village of barbarians, and

b) A character's particular non-standard interpretation of the tablet and plaque.

or make some other way for applicants to know whats expected of a battlerager without having to get every point explained by a PC
Oaths and Squires can read the cabal philosophys inside the cabal, but rager apps cant.

In general, I'm fine with the helpfile as it is now. I'm also fine with the learning process as it is now. Every Villager, Applicant or Member, is allowed to make mistakes. They eventually get corrected; if they make the same mistakes again, the correction will probably be a lot harsher.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicSuggestion: Make rager tablet a help file [View all] , Xenoroyal, Mon 24-Sep-07 12:16 AM
Reply At the Risk of Rehashing This, Kastellyn, 11-Oct-07 11:53 AM #22
Reply The biggest problem with this is the same as with table..., Vladamir, 26-Sep-07 06:57 PM, #19
Reply You mean it would make it worse..., Zulghinlour, 26-Sep-07 08:02 PM, #20
     Reply RE: You mean it would make it worse..., Valkenar, 26-Sep-07 11:11 PM, #21
Reply RE: Suggestion: Make rager tablet a help file, Zesam, 24-Sep-07 10:43 PM, #13
Reply My opinion, Zulghinlour, 24-Sep-07 03:53 PM, #11
Reply RE: My opinion, Xenoroyal, 24-Sep-07 05:08 PM, #12
     Reply RE: My opinion, Valguarnera, 25-Sep-07 06:02 AM, #14
          Reply Also..., Tac, 25-Sep-07 02:05 PM, #15
Reply The village isn't Tribunal., GinGa, 24-Sep-07 05:50 AM, #1
     Reply RE: The village isn't Tribunal., Xenoroyal, 24-Sep-07 07:05 AM, #2
          Reply Wow. You didn't read that at all., GinGa, 24-Sep-07 07:23 AM, #3
               Reply You're right, i didn't read it at all, Xenoroyal, 24-Sep-07 08:32 AM, #4
               Reply So how about Outlander?, GinGa, 24-Sep-07 12:22 PM, #5
                    Reply I generally agree with this post. (n/t), Daevryn, 24-Sep-07 02:05 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: So how about Outlander?, Xenoroyal, 24-Sep-07 03:13 PM, #7
                         Reply Or, they could actually talk to their cabal members., Daevryn, 24-Sep-07 03:31 PM, #8
                              Reply RE: Or, they could actually talk to their cabal members..., Xenoroyal, 24-Sep-07 03:15 PM, #9
                                   Reply RE: Or, they could actually talk to their cabal members..., Daevryn, 24-Sep-07 03:30 PM, #10
                                        Reply RE: Or, they could actually talk to their cabal members..., Xenoroyal, 25-Sep-07 08:10 PM, #16
                                             Reply RE: Or, they could actually talk to their cabal members..., Daevryn, 25-Sep-07 08:29 PM, #17
                                                  Reply RE: Or, they could actually talk to their cabal members..., Xenoroyal, 25-Sep-07 08:44 PM, #18
                                                       Reply RE: Or, they could actually talk to their cabal members..., randombutterfly, 26-Oct-07 04:35 AM, #23
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19348 Previous topic | Next topic