Subject: "An idea to make tribunal more interesting" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18431
Show all folders

laxmanFri 20-Jul-07 10:11 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#18431, "An idea to make tribunal more interesting"

As it stands I think tribby is one of the least appealing cabals from a flavor point of view. You spend a lot of your life just sitting around watching cities and while justiciar and vindicator are cool they represent only a small minority of overall tribs. The cabal war dynamic between tribby and outlander seems a bit flawed as well, tribs don't loose much and the raiding dynamic is icky both ways between guards and cameleon.

My suggestion is to split the tribunal cabal into the part who are more law and protection oriented and those who are more anti-wild and hunter. This will make a more proactive branch and perhaps open up more options for the law oriented guys as well.

I would keep the law oriented side the same as before with one change. Instead of being assigned one city at a time you gain cities. So once you show progress in voralia you can be a magistrate in hamsah too. Allows tribs to have more to do and makes it easier to keep protection in all cities if the split reduces number of law oriented folk.

Bounty hunters I would like to call the hunter side of the cabal. They would be able to attack any criminal in any protected area but don't have the ability to place flags. They would get paid per criminal they capture, possibly even incoporate the trophy system into this. I think their powers should be totally seperate from magistrates and that loss of the scales should remove them all.

skill ideas

Hire bounty hunter: Can hire a bounty hunter from various cities that will accompany outside a city. Can go a lot of ways with this from a design stand point. Can be kinda like CoW from different cities including non protected ones like udgaard. Can make it cost money to keep them around and hire them.

hunters eye- detect invis everywhere, detect hidden in protected cities as well. Perhaps also serve as a semi defense against surprise type attacks.

Clear brush- Primarily used to remove grown wilderness on roads quickly, can temporarily clear wilderness from a room.

Interogation- Can question npcs about other pcs to learn if they have passed what direction they went and maybe other information

well could go many different ways in powers but these are some ideas.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18431 Previous topic | Next topic