Subject: "INRE: Valg saying newbies might hit 11 knowing too little txt" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #16030
Show all folders

ValkenarThu 18-Jan-07 10:46 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16032, "INRE: Valg saying newbies might hit 11 knowing too little txt"

>Here is an idea for the newbie school.
>
>It might take some coding, but I think would maybe be worth
>it?

I think this is a good idea, the only problem is that there are a lot of mechanics that differ between mobs and players. E.g. level matters in PvM fights much more than in PvP.

For this to work you'd have to treat the mob like a player, and also give it similar stats; Mobs usually have a lot more hitpoints than a player of similar level will.

You'd also need to do something about making the mob merciful, which also means you'd have to make sure they can't gain skill percentages fighting it.

You'd also have to scale it by charater class. For example, a level 10 fire AP is way, way tougher than a level 10 elven shapeshifter.

These things are all surmountable with a certain amount of work. The real problem I'd suggest is just that it's hard to learn that much. Most classes at don't really have many combat options in the newbie ranks, so the fight is just going to come down to gear.

I think it's an interesting idea, but it seems like it would be an awful lot of coding time to make anything worthwhile out of it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicINRE: Valg saying newbies might hit 11 knowing too litt... [View all] , Larcat, Thu 18-Jan-07 09:51 AM
Reply I don't think it's PK mechanics alone he was referring ..., Scrimbul, 18-Jan-07 12:35 PM, #2
Reply More or less., Valguarnera, 18-Jan-07 05:48 PM, #3
     Reply RE: More or less., Scrimbul, 19-Jan-07 09:19 AM, #4
          Reply Quick Idea on Lore, Shadow1ife, 19-Jan-07 03:01 PM, #5
               Reply Observation reward?, GinGa, 20-Jan-07 04:27 AM, #6
Reply INRE: Valg saying newbies might hit 11 knowing too litt..., Valkenar, 18-Jan-07 10:46 AM #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #16030 Previous topic | Next topic