Subject: "Ideas for CF (Posted for LAXMAN)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15738
Show all folders

DramaFri 29-Dec-06 04:39 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2006
24 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#15738, "Ideas for CF (Posted for LAXMAN)"

thanks to deathweaver I can't post on officials so if someone could repost this over there I would appreciate it.

this is just a quick list of things i think would improve cf.

If cf were a business (and technically it is) it would be a piss poor business. How many sucessfull business's operate with such a low rate of occupancy amongst management positions. This does not refer to just imms but more specifically to cabal leaders. I personally cannot remember the last time all of the leadership positions in cf were filled. I think the imms should make it a goal to have at least 90-95% occupancy in cabal leadership roles. I know at times good leaders are not available so I suggest appointing acting leads that can temporarily take over induction responsibilities. some cabals have multiple leaders but the tendecy seems to be lose one and lose the other in a very short timeframe.

for tribunal I suggest actually adding a new leadership position called secretary or something like that. They would just be another provinsial except able to assign magistrates. this takes preasure off of magistrates having to pair playingtime with a single provost. I would not give them induct and they can be acting provost till a new one is promoted when the provost deletes.

for fortress I could see a master of the lists position as an acting maran leader and perhaps a shepard of the light for an acting acolyte leader.

for village I would make 2 changes, first i would make veteran status akin to full maran or acolyte status of fort. It should be given out more often and when commander and drillmaster are both gone from the vets a recruiter could be picked until the rites. recruiter would not change policy but could induct, uninduct.

along with the addition of a more defined veteran section in the village add these benifits, which are reasonable for long lived well role played villagers. For defenders give them set. For scouts either enhance discern spell to detect prayers and physical affects or add a chance to dispel a single spell on critical hit. for berserkers either allow them to see their hp or justy the damage nouns they take whie thirsting or lower the duration of battle fatigue. I know villagers are already tough but these could help encourage longer lived ones to stick it out to con death.

empire does well with its current command structure but I think the penalty to promoting someone should be mitigated. not the demote thing but the amount of donations it takes to promote someone else. anyone who doesn't play a lot of empire and already knows leet gold gathering techniques is totally ####ed when having to drop tons of gold into promotions for other people. That or pull the cost of the promotion from the guy getting promoted. Paying for other people to advance just doesn't seem empirely anyways.

herald: personally I think the inn needs a change. I think either A the inn guard should not block banned people and just have all the bouncers agro or B the inn guard needs to br brought more in line with other cabal guardians. i understand it is a place for rp but it should never become the super safe haven it currently is against wanted chars and most villagers who live past 40 hours. I would also re-examine the boot skill, can't boot the same guy over and over and over again, put a timer on it. and the hit them over the head skill i think gets more people killed then it saves as heralds lag out people from being able to defend themselves.

fort needs to let leaders promote to full acolyte and maran. No offense but it doesn't take any super secret imm skillz or scriputre of shoakiness to understand what it takes. its time you put the power in the hands of the people playing the fort especially since fort imms seem to take their sweet time. nepenthe himself said the longest time it took him to reach sect leader was half the time he got maranized fastest. When you look at the relative amount of power you get for one vs the other the time input should not be so drastically skewed. especially since forties tend to be newer players your just handicapping them even more.

for orcs they need enhanced reactions as a level 49 skill. they are pure offense anyway givethem that edge over all the classes that tend to out tank the hell out of them.

necromancers are already really powerful in pk but they suck balls at ranking pre-vampiric and disruption. I suggest making lesser golem kinda like a conjie servitor in that you can rank with it and not lose xp.

shapeshiftes need a sort of wereform perhaps only with their major focus in which they get most of the benifits of being in form but can wear some eq to boost other atributes and can use wands. the way i see it would be that the eq on body parts that get too non human would be abosorbed and just go toward hp, the other stuff is not. this would opebn up all sorts of new tactics to use as a shifter beside gear horede hp gear and stock up on abs then bite bite bite.

thieves need the thief points posted. ohhh no i can tell what patbh combo i can achieve before inv esting hundreds of hours into my charachter. it won't be the end of the world and will encourage more combo testing. if its more complicated then that make a tool that you can enter in what path you want to take and learn how far you can go in others.

bards need to lose either staves or scrolls. Just one or the other, personally I would knock out scrolls because they can make them uber deadly but I haven't seen many bards using them as much as staves.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIdeas for CF (Posted for LAXMAN) [View all] , Drama, Fri 29-Dec-06 04:39 PM
Reply a few more further thoughts, laxman, 29-Dec-06 06:01 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15738 Previous topic | Next topic