Subject: "Tick times." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15243
Show all folders

DallevianFri 17-Nov-06 08:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1625 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15243, "Tick times."

Please consider this and discuss it with the playerbase.

Have you guys looked into lowering the average time between ticks? Right now it just seems to go -so- slow, making it -so- freaking long to heal up after fighting a mob. Also, this is even longer if taking into account preps, making resting (not healing, per se) but just resting up from fights an annoying and arduous task.

If I just killed a greater troll, and it took me 4 ticks and 70% of my health, it is annoying to then wait a tick to sleep, and then 8-10 ticks to gegain roughly 9% per sleeping hour to reheal. That is a huge proponent of boredom.

It seems to me that six years ago the pulses came quicker and the ticks came quicker. Maybe the mud has just slowed down so much because I can process so many more things that much more quickly, but it's hard to take. I admit it, I'm annoyed. Annoyed!

I know that this would effect a log of things like maledictions, conjurers, necromancers, and many other things, but I think we should have an open dialogue about it. It's needed.

Thanks for reading. Awesome game.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTick times. [View all] , Dallevian, Fri 17-Nov-06 08:39 PM
Reply I have found the same., Lightmage, 20-Nov-06 04:10 PM, #5
Reply I don't think they've changed., Valguarnera, 20-Nov-06 03:06 PM, #3
Reply Thanks., Dallevian, 20-Nov-06 07:18 PM, #6
Reply Flip Side, Kastellyn, 20-Nov-06 12:38 PM, #1
     Reply Flip flip side., (NOT Pro), 20-Nov-06 01:01 PM, #2
          Reply The opposite., Valguarnera, 20-Nov-06 03:10 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15243 Previous topic | Next topic