Subject: "Outlander Thieves/Assassins" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #14501
Show all folders

WildGirlFri 22-Sep-06 06:47 PM
Member since 16th Sep 2004
250 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14501, "Outlander Thieves/Assassins"

With the death of the latest Outlander assassin, I thought I'd reask the question as an update on imm attitude:

Any thought to allowing Outlander thieves/assassins on having hide again?

Perhaps make it a skill that can be relearned at level 51 and/or once they've received their special, super-secret Outtie thingie.. "A thief/assassin in Outlander that has mastered their oneness with Thar-Eris can learn once again to hide within the shadows."

The loss of hide would still deter the flood of thieves/assassins joining, but the lack of any kinds of these classes except one every six months seems a little extreme for anyone "walking the line", especially since there are thief-only things for barter in the Tree.

Rangers should "walk the line" in Battleragers because they can study spells, but you still see a lot of them. I've even seen rangers/druids in Trib (though about as often as thieves/assassins in Outlander).

Sorry, this subject always gets me a little worked up since I think from an RP perspective, its ridiculous that the Imms are so against it. If anything says "brigand" or "trickster", its a law-breaking, stealing thief. And yes, I know and remember the arguments the imms gave against this, but there are not a lot of thieves as it is.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOutlander Thieves/Assassins [View all] , WildGirl, Fri 22-Sep-06 06:47 PM
Reply RE: Outlander Thieves/Assassins, Valguarnera, 22-Sep-06 10:22 PM, #4
Reply RE: Outlander Thieves/Assassins, Karel, 23-Sep-06 03:16 AM, #5
Reply Just my 2cents, Rogue, 22-Sep-06 07:21 PM, #2
Reply RE: Outlander Thieves/Assassins, dalneko, 22-Sep-06 06:59 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Outlander Thieves/Assassins, WildGirl, 22-Sep-06 08:12 PM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #14501 Previous topic | Next topic