Subject: "Idea: News and gossips" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13371
Show all folders

VoidFri 09-Jun-06 08:54 AM
Member since 13th Apr 2005
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13371, "Idea: News and gossips"

Currently, the major events in CF is not widely known IC. Example include some legendary hero has passed away, never to return. The Emperor is overthrown etc. An immortal has gone dormant. The flow of the wars between the cabals.

Have some gossip mongers, town-criers placed in cities, the Inn etc. to spread these news.

Pros
1. More current in game knowledge can be discovered in game.
2. Create a more lively environment in the cities.
3. Have talking points among players.

Cons
1. More work for Immortals. To code and update the news etc.
2. Too noisy in cities?

Extension 1: Inn Power
Heralds have power over the gossipers' stories in the Inn. They can spread stories, news, falsehood and rumours with this power.

Pros
1. Create more interaction and conflicts between Heralds and other Cabals.

Cons
1. May be against the philosophy of the Heralds to spread rumours and falsehood?
2. Lead to abuse of the power?

Extension 2: Appeal to the EGO.
Each cabal has some power level. The point represents the current power level of the cabal. The more power a cabal has, the more town-criers it can influence. For example, when the Village is strong, the town-criers at Galadon and Hamsah will hurl insults at magic users. When the Outlander is powerful, the Arkham guards will grumble about the fires in towns and chaos etc.

The power level is determined by how far each Cabal has achieved its objectives? E.g. number of enemies murdered, number of successful raids, number of successful defense, fires started, criminals apprehended etc.

Pros
1. Cabal wars have actual impact on game. i.e. Cabals can brag about their success or laments about their failures.
2. Avoid the strong get stronger, weak get weaker problem. The stronger cabals do not get any real benefits other than bragging rights. The weaker cabals do not lose power, just "face".

Cons
1. Time and effort for little real impact in game-play.

Thanks for reading.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIdea: News and gossips [View all] , Void, Fri 09-Jun-06 08:54 AM
Reply News and gossip are two different things, DurNominator, 10-Jun-06 04:00 AM, #9
Reply its very rare I say this, laxman, 09-Jun-06 08:09 PM, #6
Reply More extensions, Void, 09-Jun-06 07:45 PM, #4
Reply Okay, because I like your ideas..., TheDude, 09-Jun-06 09:05 PM, #8
Reply Can I ask a practical question?, TheDude, 09-Jun-06 11:46 AM, #3
Reply RE: Can I ask a practical question?, Void, 09-Jun-06 07:55 PM, #5
     Reply Better... s'more ..., TheDude, 09-Jun-06 08:37 PM, #7
     Reply Frequency, DurNominator, 10-Jun-06 04:09 AM, #10
Reply I like this idea., Quixotic, 09-Jun-06 10:32 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I like this idea., Void, 09-Jun-06 10:51 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13371 Previous topic | Next topic