Subject: "CTF: Reloaded... or" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13334
Show all folders

TacMon 05-Jun-06 06:07 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13334, "CTF: Reloaded... or"

All your base are belong to us... or
Expand your cabals influence.

I know someone mentioned this (or something like it) but I'd very much like to see something added to the CTF cabal wars. What I propose is a way for each cabal to earn points toward expanding their cabals influence on the areas around them.

For instance, battle might earn points by killing mages (PC and NPCs) destroying magic items, holding enemy cabal items, and that sort of thing. The benefits would be multiple in both RP and PK areas. For instance, battle would be motivated to go kill NPC mages (if they're bored or no one to hunt etc), which they have little reason to do at the moment, thus furthing the rpness of the cabal and in return they might get expanded influence around their cabal hq, like the ruins of ostil becoming no recall or somesuch. Since Valg says we should put numbers, I'm trying to convey general idea without going into specifics.

I was thinking it would be best to test the idea out with Empire, since they would have the most straightforward points system... namely, donations = points. They could expand their influence, and tax and whatnot. It could be a trial basis just for them, to see how feasible such a system would be going forward.

Things get a little murky on how say Scion might earn points, but I have ideas for most of the other cabals if anyone is interested.

Obviously this would be a system that would get increasily difficult to maintain, so one cabal couldn't come to power and hold areas idefinitely because it would be impossible to maintain etc.

Also, to minimize the neccessary rewriting of areas, it would be best to add little tags where appropriate as an added description to rooms, ala signs and whatnot. Like rager controlled areas might have a flag added that says "This area seems devoid of magic, and the weave is weak all around you." or something similar. Might also only be detectable by those with detect magic. Empire might have centurions at exits entrances, outlander might turn areas wilderness etc.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCTF: Reloaded... or [View all] , Tac, Mon 05-Jun-06 06:07 PM
Reply This doesn't sound that great. n/t, Stunna, 06-Jun-06 03:02 PM, #6
Reply RE: CTF: Reloaded... or, nepenthe, 06-Jun-06 07:54 AM, #4
Reply Still the same basic problem, Theerkla, 05-Jun-06 07:01 PM, #1
     Reply I disagree, Tac, 05-Jun-06 08:12 PM, #2
          Reply And how does this work for other cabals?, DurNominator, 06-Jun-06 03:17 AM, #3
               Reply Ok, we'll take the two you suggested, Tac, 06-Jun-06 08:05 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13334 Previous topic | Next topic