Subject: "A simple experiment" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11246
Show all folders

laxmanSun 11-Dec-05 12:47 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#11246, "A simple experiment"

Just to foreward this is yet another post concerning item standardization.

Ok I thought up a simple experiment for players and imms alike to perform. Its pretty simple, first come up with a list of the five things you enjoy the most about playing cf and put them in order. Second make up a list of the five things you spend most of your time doing on cf. Ideally These lists should be very similar but I feel that more and more changes like the food project are altering the things I spend my time doing. I think that standardizing food and containers across thera is a great idea I really do. I don't think making easy to get food suck is a great idea. Make food easier and everyone will be happy. Nobody will complain that they don't have to spend 30 minutes collecting coins so they can get 3 real hours worth of food. In fact time I don't spend looking for food and money sources is time I can spend enjoying the fun parts of cf.

People complain about full looting and changes like this because very very few people enjoy preparing to play the game as opposed to playing it. This change is going to really cripple newer players especially with the change to academy bread. Our mud is dieing, this fact is not up for controversy. Making the mundane parts of playing more difficult is going to speed the atrophy of the playerbase as new players don't want to invest the time to learn more complexities of an already incredibly complex mud and veteran players get pissed off they have to spend more time doing boring things.

I know the standardization process is bigger then just food and containers but making them strong and easily available makes the game more fun for everyone. I haven't seen a reaction from the playerbase this big since the changes to skill practicing. In that case I am still going to argue you lost a LOT of players as a result of but in the end it did cut down on rank sitting to spam a lot. This change I really don't see how forcing everyone to change their food sources is really helping I mean yeah I could take an extra 15 minutes to go to another food source but if I say need to get food 100 times with a character then thats several hours I have spent doing nothing but getting food. Hours wasted in my book.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA simple experiment [View all] , laxman, Sun 11-Dec-05 12:47 AM
Reply I'd just suggest a little patience., Straklaw, 11-Dec-05 12:53 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I'd just suggest a little patience., Valkenar, 11-Dec-05 02:17 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11246 Previous topic | Next topic