Subject: "RE: Improvements to Bedouin rangers" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Long-Term Projects Topic #37
Show all folders

WildGirlThu 10-Jan-08 03:43 PM
Member since 16th Sep 2004
250 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132, "RE: Improvements to Bedouin rangers"

I like the idea of a bedouin ranger knowing instinctively to put their back to the sun and fighting that way.

I read up on desert warfare from wikipedia and saw that one thing they mention is an enemy's lack of cover if they're unfamiliar with the terrain. How about the opposite of a "swampmire/rebounding strike" skill being that in the desert, you just hit the enemy more, since you know the terrain and they don't. This could either manifest itself as an extra hit or just hitting more often (as though hitroll were a lot higher), as seen fit by the imms.

Also, how about a replacement for snare being something like "mirage". It wouldn't be magic-based, but an intimate knowledge of "bending light to make a far-off object appear closer than it is".

Basically, it could be used to create a false exit. If you step into that exit, rather than snared, you become disoriented (kind of like the effect of confusion or neuro poison). The check would be saves vs. mental. Yes, this would be really low rent in comparison to snare, but considering that it could mess up how people move and such, that could be deadly in itself if placed properly.

I think the imm point of view is that they don't want a bunch of Scion rangers.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicImprovements to Bedouin rangers [View all] , GinGa, Tue 27-Nov-07 09:03 PM
Reply RE: Improvements to Bedouin rangers, Doge, 08-Jan-08 09:45 AM, #8
Reply RE: Improvements to Bedouin rangers, WildGirl, 10-Jan-08 12:32 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Improvements to Bedouin rangers, Doge, 10-Jan-08 02:03 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Improvements to Bedouin rangers, Tahren, 10-Jan-08 02:56 PM, #11
               Reply RE: Improvements to Bedouin rangers, WildGirl, 10-Jan-08 03:43 PM #12
Reply Falcons, yup, Amortis, 21-Dec-07 09:50 AM, #6
Reply Seems reasonable, WildGirl, 21-Dec-07 07:45 PM, #7
Reply RE: Improvements to Bedouin rangers, _Magus_, 27-Nov-07 10:45 PM, #2
Reply I saw Bear fall into a pit of Quicksand on Man vs Wild ..., trewyn, 05-Dec-07 04:52 AM, #3
     Reply Lightning sand, snow sand or just 'dry quicksand' does ..., GinGa, 05-Dec-07 05:07 AM, #4
     Reply RE: I saw Bear fall into a pit of Quicksand on Man vs W..., _Magus_, 05-Dec-07 04:57 PM, #5
Reply Added to the long-term list..., Zulghinlour, 27-Nov-07 09:36 PM, #1
Top Long-Term Projects Topic #37 Previous topic | Next topic