Subject: "Some general advice regardless of weapon choice" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #876
Show all folders

TheerklaFri 29-Jul-05 01:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#881, "Some general advice regardless of weapon choice"

Expect to lose a lot of fights. A LOT. You will do yourself the greatest of services to not give up merely because you aren't winning. Everything that tools you will seem a lot stronger and better than the choice you've made, but the cruel truth usually is that the other player is that much better than you, not that their particular race, class, weapon spec choices are inherently stronger.

The lessons you can gain by sticking it out a while even if things seem bleak are invaluable. My first "successful" character had a record of 22 wins and 79 losses. That wasn't to say I had never had a character before that with a better win/loss ratio, but it was the first time I really felt I started to learn things and improve as I went along, instead of just giving up when things weren't working.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHand to Hand Warrior [View all] , lblarel, Fri 29-Jul-05 10:36 AM
Reply Some general advice regardless of weapon choice, Theerkla, 29-Jul-05 01:02 PM #5
Reply RE: Hand to Hand Warrior, nepenthe, 29-Jul-05 12:40 PM, #4
Reply An idea that just magically popped into my head, Wasteland (Anonymous), 31-Jul-05 08:20 PM, #6
     Reply This has been suggested again and again, incognito, 01-Aug-05 02:55 AM, #7
          Reply RE: This has been suggested again and again, nepenthe, 01-Aug-05 08:55 AM, #8
               Reply It would make dent more appealing :) nt, Astillian, 14-Aug-05 05:23 AM, #9
Reply There have been successful hth warriors, Theerkla, 29-Jul-05 10:44 AM, #1
     Reply RE: There have been successful hth warriors, lblarel, 29-Jul-05 10:55 AM, #2
     Reply Some more in depth advice., Heas, 29-Jul-05 11:22 AM, #3
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #876 Previous topic | Next topic