Subject: "Prays" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #845
Show all folders

DanaeyaSun 03-Jul-05 10:59 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2005
16 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#845, "Prays"

I've been wondering how exactly we're supposed to use the 'pray' command. I've read the helpfiles, and it seems to be a typical channel, which you use to inform the imms of OOC problems like cheating or bugs in the game, etc. What I'm confused about though is I've seen instances (mainly in reading immortal comments in the premium battlefield) where people seem to use the channel in an IC context.

Is this right? Can the pray channel be used in both an OOC and IC context? Or have I mistaken the 'pray' channel for another channel that players get access to when involving themselves in a particular immortal's religion?

If you can pray to an immortal in a roleplayed manner, are there certain guidelines that should be followed? In what circumstances would it be appropriate to pray to an imm in your character's voice?

On a somewhat related note, when it comes to interacting with immortals in an IC context, for religious purposes or otherwise, is there a bias towards more experienced players who know the mud inside out, or is good RP the first consideration? In other words, say an immortal was deciding on who to allow into their religion. Would the player who has decent rp, is good at pk, knows where to find all the best equipment, and knows how to get to every single area in the mud stand a better chance than a newer player with exceptional rp who simply hasn't got the experience yet to do as well in pk and doesn't know the mud's geography nearly as well?

(Also, I'm curious, do you ever get to see the comments immortals are posting about you? Or do you only see them if you get your character sheet published?)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPrays [View all] , Danaeya, Sun 03-Jul-05 10:59 PM
Reply RE: Prays, nepenthe, 04-Jul-05 12:48 AM, #2
Reply RE: Prays, Straklaw, 04-Jul-05 12:08 AM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #845 Previous topic | Next topic