Subject: "RE: Effective communication in Thera" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #775
Show all folders

AarnMon 09-May-05 03:48 PM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#779, "RE: Effective communication in Thera"

I'll go ahead and more-or-less second this post. While there are certainly things far more important then your sentance structure and punctuation when it comes to gauging a character, it IS a factor. If I'm visible and I get two tells from two characters I know nothing about, and one says "Greetings Lord Aarn, may we speak?" and the other is "greetings can we speak", I'm totally going to talk to the first guy.

You can overcome bad grammar in many ways, namely by roleplaying a good character. But all things being equal, half-way decent grammar makes for a better character then bad grammar.

Aarn

In a somewhat related comment, try to keep each line of your role at 80 characters or less, so it formats half-way decently. Please?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicEffective communication in Thera [View all] , Pro (inactive user), Mon 09-May-05 10:18 AM
Reply RE: Effective communication in Thera, Aarn, 09-May-05 03:48 PM #4
Reply Thirdinated., Odrirg, 09-May-05 08:13 PM, #5
Reply Not to mention capital letters making it easier to read..., DurNominator, 09-May-05 01:19 PM, #1
     Reply I am more concerned with the rp, incognito, 09-May-05 02:00 PM, #2
          Reply Capitalization is a fairly small thing., DurNominator, 09-May-05 02:17 PM, #3
          Reply Want an example?, Mostly Harmless, 10-May-05 12:22 AM, #6
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #775 Previous topic | Next topic