Subject: "I think a nice way of seeing it" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #731
Show all folders

KristofTue 19-Apr-05 01:59 PM
Member since 01st Mar 2005
35 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#739, "I think a nice way of seeing it"

is that the PC's, which can be seen as adventurers, attract the attention of the gods. The gods recognize the potential within the adventurer and finds him interesting enough to restore him, though even a god cannot fully restore a person as he was before (which results in the 1/3 con).

Now, with regular people, citizens, farmers, craftsmen, ..., they don't attract that kind attention, so their deaths are permanent. But, they are not even remotely as likely to die as an adventurer is. Unless he's unlucky and catches a disease or meets anything else that leads to his demise.

So it depends on the mob, if you kill a farmer, he will be dead permanently (he was killed by one of those ruffians hanging around the Fortress), where an Acolyte devoted to Zurcon would be important enough to the gods to be resurrected. As would be the Svirfneblin King.

Also, a PC isn't resurrected after delete delete, because he no longer is interesting to the Gods.

"What is mind, don't matter. What is matter? Nevermind"

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIs death permanent for mobs? [View all] , Sandello, Fri 15-Apr-05 05:43 PM
Reply RE: Is death permanent for mobs?, Cult_of_Vorg, 28-Jun-05 04:09 PM, #3
Reply I think a nice way of seeing it, Kristof, 19-Apr-05 01:59 PM #2
Reply Depends on the mob, for me, incognito, 17-Apr-05 03:09 PM, #1
     Reply I usually do about the same., Java, 28-Jun-05 09:32 PM, #4
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #731 Previous topic | Next topic