Subject: "Is this about right?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #699
Show all folders

VandirFri 15-Apr-05 08:07 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2005
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#734, "Is this about right?"
Edited on Fri 15-Apr-05 08:18 PM

This is what i understand.
As a charecter from CF my alignment is only a starting point, as is my race. While playing that charecter i must endure those alignment and race (and class) 's ways of perception.

So if i am let's say an elf... A fire giant being nice to me won't ever make me see him good or as friend or anything.. At best i would come to mutual agreement with him, not being his enemy, but definitly not trusting him or being his friend. Mainly because of the race on the slignment, as elves should be kind of close minded in the racial area.

As a human of good alignment i'd start by mistrusting the fire giant, but if his acts are friendly and nice eventualy i can come see him as friend though it's a process.
More or less same for a human of no alignment.
For human of evil alignment i would start of by considering the giant as ally and with his acts of friendly helpfullness the evil human would see that as a weakness, but not one he'd strike again but one he can gain of.

As a dark-elf would consider a fire giant as a usefull ally of the start, seing him being nice and friendly to me i'd be taking that as a weakness and because dark-elves are like the worst arses out there, i'd try to take all i can from him and when he is useless to me get rid of him because leaving someone with such weakness next to me disgusts or puts me at risk.

That was for the first part.
For the second part i kind of totaly lost touch.
Morality of RL vs Morality of CF can't fully be the same, because CF is a fantasy world, not the real world.. in RL as a neutral, if i would kill another neutral for gear it'd immidietly mean i am evil.
And without that i don't know of a way to gear up really.
Though i would think that elf killing elf or dark elf killing darkelf is wrong no metter the alignment.. race comes into picture here.. such races as elves or darkelves don't kill their own too easily, even is sometime brough to it by wars.

So i think that i understand CF morality like this.
Evil alignment kills all others for personal gain all the same, with the exeption of racial belonging in specific cases.. darkelf wouldn't kill darkelf but duergar would surely kill Duergar.

Neutral charecters have a wider choice they can lean to the sides of good or evil and it is up to the player and their rp to decide who they do kill and who they don't.. the important thing here is racial consideration and consistancy of their acts. Although for me it's confusing how neutral charecters kill mobs of any alignment for gear.

Good charecters: Here i am at loss. Would a good charecter kill a neutral for gear?... i mean a paladin definitly shouldn't.. it is in their code in a way.. like don't be greedy, don't allow bloodshed and all such.. for me it is a clear indicator that a paladin shouldn't strike any good or neutral for gear.
But what about none paladin good charecters? a dwarf warrior? or just a good human/half-elf? they are not bound by code but how does their morality dictate?
Or can i base killing neutral mob to it's belonging to a larger frame that is not neutral? like a neutral guard who works for an evil lord... could say i don't care about killing him because of that?

I don't think if i tried to play a paladin i'd be able to find a way to gear myself. other than running all across the world and leaving good mobs naked by requesting their armor and stuff... and it'd probably still leave me half naked. :p

Also from my original question, though it was answered something i still have thoughts about...
An immaginerry scene: A tribunal paladin and a tribunal A-P are on at the same time, end up in once city... Some good align dwarf rager comes along jumped by guards, of course the tribunals should go after him, what does the paladin do? Jojn forces with A-P against a good outlaw? stay out of it altogether? waits for the A-P's attack to be over than than attacks? Or is this one of the things about tribunal rp that can't have a simple solution, leaving the paladin charecter the choice of what is more important to him based on religion?

If i got something in this post wrong sure would like advise, this is simply what i understood from looking over and reading stuff.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicPaladins [View all] , Vandir, Tue 12-Apr-05 05:07 PM
Reply The Paladin Code, Aarn, 21-Apr-05 02:24 PM, #42
Reply My approach, Innis, 21-Apr-05 01:30 PM, #41
Reply RE: Paladins, Zulghinlour, 19-Apr-05 04:39 PM, #32
Reply Agreed, Theerkla, 20-Apr-05 06:59 AM, #34
     Reply RE: Agreed, Grurk Muouk, 20-Apr-05 11:35 AM, #37
          Reply The thing is, Grurk has a red aura, Theerkla, 20-Apr-05 11:53 AM, #38
               Reply Whatever works for your char's role., Alarian, 20-Apr-05 01:48 PM, #39
Reply Here's how I did it as a mortal., Alarian, 17-Apr-05 07:17 PM, #30
Reply RE: Paladins, nepenthe, 12-Apr-05 05:36 PM, #1
     Reply On that note..., Aarn, 12-Apr-05 06:34 PM, #2
          Reply Well, as someone that tries, incognito, 12-Apr-05 06:45 PM, #3
               Reply RE: Well, as someone that tries, Aarn, 13-Apr-05 07:58 AM, #4
                    Reply RE: Well, as someone that tries, Rodriguez, 13-Apr-05 11:14 AM, #5
                         Reply RE: Well, as someone that tries, Aarn, 13-Apr-05 11:41 AM, #6
                              Reply So I could say, Rape a nine year old Florida girl, and ..., (NOT Pro), 13-Apr-05 05:10 PM, #7
                                   Reply I hate you for this post, but, Wilhath, 13-Apr-05 05:40 PM, #8
                                   Reply his arguments are not mutually exclusive, incognito, 13-Apr-05 09:36 PM, #10
                                        Reply RE: his arguments are not mutually exclusive, Wilhath, 14-Apr-05 04:02 PM, #12
                                   Reply Not quite, Aarn, 13-Apr-05 06:02 PM, #9
                                   Reply It's a different world., DurNominator, 14-Apr-05 02:15 PM, #11
                                        Reply Relative vrs. absolute morality, Alarian, 15-Apr-05 08:41 AM, #13
                                             Reply I hope you get a religion., (NOT Pro), 15-Apr-05 12:15 PM, #14
                                             Reply RE: Relative vrs. absolute morality, DurNominator, 15-Apr-05 12:34 PM, #15
                                                  Reply Relative Morality, Real world vs. Game world, Odrirg, 15-Apr-05 12:54 PM, #16
                                                  Reply RE: Relative Morality, Real world vs. Game world, nepenthe, 15-Apr-05 01:03 PM, #18
                                                       Reply sorry for getting off-subject, Odrirg, 15-Apr-05 01:20 PM, #19
                                                            Reply Whoa, Aarn, 15-Apr-05 02:02 PM, #20
                                                                 Reply Also, to bring it back to Paladins..., Odrirg, 15-Apr-05 02:12 PM, #21
                                                                      Reply RE: Also, to bring it back to Paladins..., A2, 19-Apr-05 04:19 PM, #31
                                                                           Reply No., Odrirg, 19-Apr-05 04:56 PM, #33
                                                                           Reply RE: No., A2, 20-Apr-05 11:30 AM, #36
                                                                                Reply You're both right., Alarian, 20-Apr-05 01:56 PM, #40
                                                                           Reply Paladins shouldn't associate with evil., DurNominator, 20-Apr-05 10:35 AM, #35
                                                  Reply You are bass akwards. In a big way., (NOT Pro), 15-Apr-05 12:58 PM, #17
                                                  Reply RE: You are bass akwards. In a big way., Aarn, 15-Apr-05 02:31 PM, #22
                                                  Reply If we bring this back to CF., DurNominator, 15-Apr-05 03:18 PM, #23
                                                       Reply This, I agree with. somewhat., Odrirg, 15-Apr-05 03:52 PM, #24
                                                       Reply Me too. That's not anathema to what he's saying though., (NOT Pro), 15-Apr-05 06:36 PM, #26
                                                       Reply That works too., DurNominator, 16-Apr-05 12:41 AM, #28
                                                       Reply Heh,. Okay. We agree., (NOT Pro), 15-Apr-05 06:35 PM, #25
                                                            Reply Is this about right?, Vandir, 15-Apr-05 08:18 PM #27
                                                  Reply I love stuff like this....., Alarian, 17-Apr-05 06:59 PM, #29
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #699 Previous topic | Next topic