Subject: "Roleplaying a Shy Character" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #630
Show all folders

SilverduskFri 04-Mar-05 06:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2005
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#630, "Roleplaying a Shy Character"
Edited on Fri 04-Mar-05 06:54 PM

Hi! I'm new here so feel free to completely disregard anything I say.

Would it be possible to roleplay a shy character on the particular MUD? I've done this with other MUDs and have gotten one or more of the following reactions:

-Someone sees my shy character and offers to take her "under their wing" As she grew out of her shyness, people on the MUD started saying IC "I remember what a shy lass she was back then. Now look at her!" Obviously, this is the best of the reactions.

-People ignore my character. Pure and simple.

-People assume I'm doing some other kind of roleplay.

-People label my character as stuck-up, a snob. (Especially when I am playing an elf. Te-hee-hee!)

-When people send me tells, I reply to them "I walk alone." Then they start to bug me about it and won't leave me alone.

Etc....

I know this is probably an idiotic question, but what the hey.

(And if it is possible, can anyone offer me suggestions about what specific race/class combination I can use this roleplay in?)

Silverdusk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is dignity in pain, nobility in suffering, but failure is a salted wound, that burns and burns again!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRoleplaying a Shy Character [View all] , Silverdusk, Fri 04-Mar-05 06:53 PM
Reply RE: Roleplaying a Shy Character, nepenthe, 08-Mar-05 02:24 AM, #4
Reply RE: Roleplaying a Shy Character, Amaranthe, 05-Mar-05 12:40 PM, #3
Reply RE: Roleplaying a Shy Character, DurNominator, 05-Mar-05 03:55 AM, #2
Reply RE: Roleplaying a Shy Character, Rodriguez, 04-Mar-05 11:09 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #630 Previous topic | Next topic