Subject: "RE: That sounds cool." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #617
Show all folders

VandirMon 11-Apr-05 06:06 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2005
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#695, "RE: That sounds cool."

Well i am pretty new but from what i read in help files alignment can change based on player rp, but such change comes with some painfull cost of abilities, not to mention being shunned by those you turned away from.
was it not the case of Drizzt? They want to be drizzt, let them do that, they will just have to deal with their old friends who will want to impale them more than any other, plus the gods who shun them plus the skills that are gone, plus the fact that elf players will still not take them in as one of them. . .

And as a pretty new player i can say that the rp in this game is the best i seen anywhere, including the most popular ones.
I tried to call in some players from two rpg muds i used to play before (only to not feel like the easiest kill around :/ ) They came, they tried, they screamed and ran away with lame excuses.. one of them had the specific same problem as this.. in other muds suposedly same races have different history, allowing dark elf to be grey or dark.

Not all games are for everyone, and you need an iron gut to start playing this one. So someone who can't read the history of each race and the history of this world before creating a good dark elf won't stay in this game unless it transforms to be the one he is used to...
And frankly, i think CF is great as it is.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOn Alignment and potential new players [View all] , Scrimbul, Fri 25-Feb-05 10:03 AM
Reply "Dark-elves", Valguarnera, 25-Feb-05 10:07 AM, #1
     Reply But my original question was..., Scrimbul, 25-Feb-05 10:11 AM, #2
          Reply RE: But my original question was..., Valguarnera, 25-Feb-05 11:58 AM, #3
          Reply Very nice post n/t, Sandello, 30-Mar-05 01:37 PM, #5
          Reply We should put this into a helpfile or on the webpage or..., nepenthe, 30-Mar-05 02:14 PM, #6
          Reply Tell them this, DurNominator, 25-Feb-05 12:04 PM, #4
               Reply That sounds cool., Alarian, 10-Apr-05 11:27 AM, #7
                    Reply RE: That sounds cool., Vandir, 11-Apr-05 06:06 PM #8
                         Reply you'll probably do well here then, incognito, 11-Apr-05 07:03 PM, #9
                              Reply RE: you'll probably do well here then, Rodriguez, 11-Apr-05 10:08 PM, #10
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #617 Previous topic | Next topic