Subject: "On Alignment and potential new players" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #617
Show all folders

ScrimbulFri 25-Feb-05 10:03 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#617, "On Alignment and potential new players"

I was on some other mud the other day and via chatter through OOC channels, someone interested in PK/RP took a pop on here.

After about five seconds I heard:

"Drows have to stay evil to cast spells? What the ####? I'll kindly stay the hell away from this MUD."

I spent about five minutes trying to explain why 'Drizzt Syndrome' is gay, and why it would be unbalanced for a good non-rogue combo to have detect hidden, and other game balance and RP issues and then just finally gave up. They blanched at the idea of sending an e-mail to the imms, too.

This isn't the type of player we want, is it? I'm just checking. And if they are salvageable, how can I go about explaining this in a way that doesn't sound like it's impeding their freedom to have to spend literally 300 hours RPing to get by these restrictions? I understand it but they don't.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOn Alignment and potential new players [View all] , Scrimbul, Fri 25-Feb-05 10:03 AM
Reply "Dark-elves", Valguarnera, 25-Feb-05 10:07 AM, #1
     Reply But my original question was..., Scrimbul, 25-Feb-05 10:11 AM, #2
          Reply RE: But my original question was..., Valguarnera, 25-Feb-05 11:58 AM, #3
          Reply Very nice post n/t, Sandello, 30-Mar-05 01:37 PM, #5
          Reply We should put this into a helpfile or on the webpage or..., nepenthe, 30-Mar-05 02:14 PM, #6
          Reply Tell them this, DurNominator, 25-Feb-05 12:04 PM, #4
               Reply That sounds cool., Alarian, 10-Apr-05 11:27 AM, #7
                    Reply RE: That sounds cool., Vandir, 11-Apr-05 06:06 PM, #8
                         Reply you'll probably do well here then, incognito, 11-Apr-05 07:03 PM, #9
                              Reply RE: you'll probably do well here then, Rodriguez, 11-Apr-05 10:08 PM, #10
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #617 Previous topic | Next topic