Subject: "Death-traps... is there a point?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4196
Show all folders

FiresongSat 12-Oct-13 02:43 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2013
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4196, "Death-traps... is there a point?"

I'm new to the mud, and I've been exploring a little. Twice so far, I've run into rooms that (I'm told) you can't escape from without having a paladin to help, and I do have to ask... is there an actual point to this? Is there a point to teleport, if it can't get you out of these things?

Sure, I mean, I could type 'exit' or 'look all' in every single room I wander into. That, however, doesn't really seem worth it. Suicide? Sure, it's an option. But I'm already a new player, and with the con loss every few deaths... once I start getting involved in PK, I'd rather not have lost all my con. And given that the experience loss from dying can put you below your standard TNL, and I'm already below that, and that teleport already has a risk of putting you in the middle of a zone that's going to kill you if it *does* work, I have to ask... are there any players that support having teleport-proof trap rooms? And is there a reason that these rooms are no-quit, so people playing in the middle of the night can't quit and come back at a time when there might be more players about? I mean, to me, it doesn't actually seem to do anything except waste a bunch of my time once I get into it, regardless of what method I choose to get out.

I don't mind steep learning curves, and I like a lot of the features of this game... likewise, it's nice that not everything is mapped and posted. But I honestly don't see these rooms doing anything except irritating new players, and I'd be interested to see if there is a reason.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDeath-traps... is there a point? [View all] , Firesong, Sat 12-Oct-13 02:43 AM
Reply 2 cents idea, Newbie101, 16-Mar-14 09:17 AM, #15
Reply Certain death isn't guaranteed, incognito, 17-Mar-14 03:00 AM, #16
Reply Real risk element., Mendos, 15-Mar-14 05:42 PM, #14
Reply RE: Death-traps... is there a point?, Eskelian, 10-Dec-13 05:26 AM, #11
Reply It also helps with PAYING ATTENTION, 1D_rookie, 14-Nov-13 02:50 AM, #10
Reply Very good reasoning., Aereglen, 07-Nov-13 12:32 PM, #8
Reply RE: Very good reasoning., Ekaerok (Anonymous), 07-Nov-13 05:10 PM, #9
Reply They're very useful tactically., Artificial, 12-Oct-13 04:56 PM, #4
Reply Not to mention, incognito, 15-Mar-14 05:03 AM, #12
Reply I have also.., Mendos, 15-Mar-14 05:45 PM, #13
Reply RE: Death-traps... is there a point?, Sertius, 12-Oct-13 03:24 PM, #3
Reply You can quit., Tsunami, 12-Oct-13 02:50 PM, #2
Reply I personally wouldn't mind..., Torak, 12-Oct-13 03:47 AM, #1
     Reply Do you mean....recall?, Twist, 12-Oct-13 07:19 PM, #5
          Reply Yeah I was tired that night..., Torak, 13-Oct-13 12:00 PM, #6
               Reply Pre-10 you can recall through norecall nt, Tac, 13-Oct-13 04:16 PM, #7
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4196 Previous topic | Next topic