Subject: "Some answers" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3998
Show all folders

vargalSun 03-Feb-13 02:59 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2004
384 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4000, "Some answers"

Sleeks, and most limited wands, can't be seeing via peek whether or not you're with the thief. If you identify them, it'll say something like the item is easily concealed, which also means you can't find it with locate object. I haven't played a thief in over a decade now, but I'm fairly certain that you can't steal sleeks for the same reason.

As for when the sleek spawns.. I feel like it spawns on the corpse only with you in the room. I can't recall ever finding a sleek that wasn't mine in the corpse of a mob I killed, while such a thing does occur on container drops (oblivious or busy mage walks past his container location and doesn't pick it up, leaving the rod there for an unknown amount of time).

In either case (container or mobile drop), you need to be in the specific room rather than just the area for the rod to spawn. On a mob, a rod will spawn if either you or a groupmate lands the killing blow. If your groupmate is also a mage, and the location is also his, whoever lands the killing blow gets the associated cooldown (IIRC) on spawning a rod, so collecting sleeks with a mage partner won't screw someone over for 20-30 ticks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSleek hunting [View all] , Noneyo D. Bidness (Anonymous), Sun 03-Feb-13 01:15 PM
Reply Some answers, vargal, 03-Feb-13 02:59 PM #2
Reply RE: Sleek hunting, Daevryn, 03-Feb-13 02:51 PM, #1
     Reply Just unlucky?, Abernyte, 27-Feb-13 04:22 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Just unlucky?, Daevryn, 27-Feb-13 07:18 PM, #4
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3998 Previous topic | Next topic