Subject: "RE: I learned to chase..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3954
Show all folders

IsildurSun 06-Jan-13 06:37 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3981, "RE: I learned to chase..."

This is a good point. Especially as an evil or neutral. Even a teens character can, with enough patience, build up a bankroll big enough to motivate some heros to go whack a mob or two for you.

As a good-aligned guy you have to approach things differently. Trying to pay a hero to go kill a mob for you won't go over quite as well. If you come by some gear that's "nice" but that your class can't use, try "donating" it to whichever cabal the guy you want to help you out belongs to. There's no guarantee he'll reciprocate, but it's probably more likely than if you just start with, "Hey, feel like killing the midnight dragon for me?" That just makes you look needy.

As an evil you can also sell your eyes. Basically offer to be someone's snitch. Say, "If you make it worth my while I'll notify you immediately whenever I see EnemyGuyOne or EnemyGuyTwo." Attempting to make any sort of "deal" with a higher-ranked evil character can, of course, backfire. If you're planning to pledge a particular cabal, probably best to avoid wheeling and dealing with characters whose opinion of you may impact your future in that cabal.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicMovement (Chasing/Fleeing) and Preps [View all] , newish-warrior (Anonymous), Sun 09-Dec-12 06:44 PM
Reply RE: Movement (Chasing/Fleeing) and Preps, Isildur, 06-Jan-13 06:28 PM, #9
Reply RE: Movement (Chasing/Fleeing) and Preps, Daevryn, 09-Dec-12 11:24 PM, #5
Reply Alas, you cannot go that way., Artificial, 09-Dec-12 10:39 PM, #4
Reply I learned to chase..., Lhydia, 09-Dec-12 08:06 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I learned to chase..., newish-warrior (Anonymous), 09-Dec-12 09:04 PM, #2
          Reply You don't need anyone to gear you, -flso, 09-Dec-12 10:09 PM, #3
          Reply Good gear at low lvls isn't a sign of others gearing yo..., Amberion, 10-Dec-12 05:27 AM, #6
          Reply RE: Good gear at low lvls isn't a sign of others gearin..., Retan, 10-Dec-12 08:25 AM, #7
          Reply RE: I learned to chase..., incognito, 17-Dec-12 08:18 AM, #8
               Reply RE: I learned to chase..., Isildur, 06-Jan-13 06:37 PM #10
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3954 Previous topic | Next topic