Subject: "In addition to this, a list of basic "starter" gear and where it can be found." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3926
Show all folders

BubthegreatFri 19-Oct-12 04:08 AM
Member since 22nd Mar 2007
194 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3927, "In addition to this, a list of basic "starter" gear and where it can be found."

Much like the "ranking equipment" section of QHCF, but located in text form on the MUD with helpfiles for the areas they're located in. This would encourage new players to learn how to gear themselves at a level where they can gather gear that will last them for a while and at the same time encourage knowledge area.

I don't see this giving any advantage as those who are not new players already know the information. It's a bit OOC, but giving a list of items like below would help a lot:

wrist: A dwarf named Tarus has a magical bracer that will aid you in landing stronger and more accurate blows. He can be found near the docks of Galadon. *here you can have multiple items in the same description, so you can have another for a mana/hp type wrist item for more magey classes*

Make the players contribute here so you're not doing a bunch of descriptions. Maybe give two to three options (all from players or your suggestions, but only things that they can obtain themselves, not dropped items that *might* be on the ground).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicnopk option for noobs. Is this a realistic option? [View all] , Bubthegreat, Fri 19-Oct-12 03:33 AM
Reply RE: nopk option for noobs. Is this a realistic option?, Daevryn, 19-Oct-12 04:17 PM, #2
Reply It is better now, though., Homard, 19-Oct-12 05:25 PM, #3
Reply I like pk for all characters but what if, TJHuron, 21-Oct-12 09:32 AM, #5
Reply Well, that char would be under lvl 11 rules in terms of..., Amberion, 21-Oct-12 03:31 PM, #6
     Reply Yeah I thought of that after I posted it, TJHuron, 22-Oct-12 07:34 AM, #7
Reply RE: nopk option for noobs. Is this a realistic option?, incognito, 26-Oct-12 12:42 PM, #8
Reply In addition to this, a list of basic "starter" gear and..., Bubthegreat, 19-Oct-12 04:08 AM #1
     Reply It doesn't have to be OOC..., JoeCloud, 19-Oct-12 06:51 PM, #4
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3926 Previous topic | Next topic