Subject: "RE: Alignment/Ethos Questions" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3759
Show all folders

AmberionMon 09-Apr-12 03:23 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3760, "RE: Alignment/Ethos Questions"

There are some pretty good descriptions of how your eths/align should play out in the academy if you look into the pool there. (Or is it the mural?)

Neutral is an alignment I've always had problems with RPing out, I usually tend to play good or evil instead. And if I do play neutral, it's usually neutral/orderly or neutral/chaotic. heh

Joining a cabal:
I usually try to find members of the cabal I wish to join, talk to them and try to get them to recommend me to their leaders. If I'm feeling confident (or maybe my char is.) I'm going straight to the leaders.

Some cabals I sent notes to first, introducing myself and that I am availible should my services be needed.

But I have played chars too that I've had the intention of joining a cabal with but due to role restrictions, I've refused to make the first contact, this however, can take a lot of time, and might even end up with your being cabaless. That route is all about being noticed.

Nexuns in Thera are keepers of balance. Both balance between magic/none-magic (They generally just want magic to be as strong as it can be.) and balance between alignments and ethos. They have cabal powers that allowes them to gauge how strongly either side tips, light, darkness, orderly, chaotic, the strength of the veil. (The strength of the veil affects the strength of magic in Thera. A thick veil weakness magic, makin spells fail, potions fail etc. A thin veil makes spells to be cast for free sometimes.)

I hope this helps!

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAlignment/Ethos Questions [View all] , confused (Anonymous), Sun 08-Apr-12 11:29 PM
Reply RE: Alignment/Ethos Questions, confused (Anonymous), 09-Apr-12 11:26 AM, #4
Reply RE: Alignment/Ethos Questions, Amaranthe, 09-Apr-12 06:51 PM, #5
Reply RE: Alignment/Ethos Questions, Amaranthe, 09-Apr-12 11:03 AM, #3
Reply Neutral Neutral, Twist, 09-Apr-12 10:03 AM, #2
Reply RE: Alignment/Ethos Questions, Amberion, 09-Apr-12 03:23 AM #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3759 Previous topic | Next topic