Subject: "Villagers and Exploration" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3677
Show all folders

HomardWed 14-Dec-11 12:18 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3680, "Villagers and Exploration"

As a serial Villager I have long maintained that Battle is great for exploration. This is due to the simple fact that most Area Explore areas are no-recall, no-teleport anyway, so this completely mitigates the biggest drawback that a Villager has. Each Battle path has skills that are tremendously helpful during exploration, with the clear edge going to Defenders.

The biggest issue to keep in mind when playing Battle is that you're going to die. There are situations that a level 11 Elf Invoker can get out of easily that will kill you if you are Commander of Battle. That's the price that must be paid.

That said, as Daevryn pointed out, all areas can be walked out of. It's just a matter of having either someone who knows the way or bringing enough food and water to figure out the way yourself. While there is something to be said for the second approach, I would greatly recommend the first tactic as a way to learn an area.

It can be extremely helpful, as a Villager, to have friends who are Outlanders, as they can grant you Windwalk, which can get you out of some "I can't fly, I'm dead," situations.

As for priests, like Nep said, as long as they don't commune on you, everything should be fine. Obviously, priests of Twist will not make good travelling companions. Some other patron deities will find their followers at odds with Battle as well. Paladins, however, make great groupmates, as they can still perform first aid on you, which is a skill, not a commune.

Good luck.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicExploring as a villager--are there areas you can't get ... [View all] , Village Idiot (Anonymous), Wed 14-Dec-11 11:17 AM
Reply Villagers and Exploration, Homard, 14-Dec-11 12:18 PM #2
Reply RE: Exploring as a villager--are there areas you can't ..., Daevryn, 14-Dec-11 11:33 AM, #1
     Reply Possible exception re: areas, Twist, 14-Dec-11 12:27 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Possible exception re: areas, Daevryn, 14-Dec-11 01:36 PM, #4
          Reply Illiterate Minotaur, Twist, 14-Dec-11 02:43 PM, #5
     Reply Can you get off the cliffs on insanity by walking?, Tac, 14-Dec-11 06:17 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Can you get off the cliffs on insanity by walking?, Daevryn, 14-Dec-11 09:02 PM, #7
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3677 Previous topic | Next topic