Subject: "RE: I'd bet sword/shield." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3529
Show all folders

EskelianTue 25-Oct-11 07:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3599, "RE: I'd bet sword/shield."

I'll state here that I'm pretty sure spin even for a non-warrior is dex based without the skill trained whereas shield block is not. I'll further add that, this is probably really complicated because of things like light armor use and AC from shields and the level range you're talking about.

I'll further add that, in almost any non-ranking situation you want a spear over a sword if you cannot dual wield just because it's harder to dodge AFAIK.

I'll further add that, my only experience with this was as Trevant (human ranger, 23 dex, archer so no dual wield used mostly spear) - and that was only for less than 100 hours I'd say and I never ever bothered to wear a shield even with shield block in a PVP fight.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicBinder and thief skills [View all] , vorian (NOT Newthief), Wed 12-Oct-11 09:48 PM
Reply I'd bet sword/shield., Tsunami, 13-Oct-11 01:57 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I'd bet sword/shield., Eskelian, 25-Oct-11 07:28 PM #2
          Reply PVP vs PVE is a different ball game., Tsunami, 26-Oct-11 11:27 AM, #3
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3529 Previous topic | Next topic