Subject: "Tips for a trying a conjurer...or AP?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3460
Show all folders

Conjurer? (Anonymous)Tue 20-Sep-11 09:29 AM
Charter member
#3460, "Tips for a trying a conjurer...or AP?"

I've learned my way around Thera pretty well, although still learning a lot about strategies to fight various classes and what they're capable of (and their respective weakenesses). I've played a warrior, assassin, and shapeshifter thus far (in that order). Now looking to get serious with my RP and also to try a go at something a bit more complex.

Thinking about trying a drow conjurer or a duergar AP, but I am open to suggestions if you think these will be too tough for a newbie+. I haven't had much luck with PK so far so I'm looking for something that will be a strong PKer at the mid to high ranks (I'm fine with running/dying while young, which will be likely as a drow I realize). Leaning toward a mage of some sort. Although keep in mind I rarely have more than 1-2 hours at a time to play...

What do you think is the most fun without being incredibly challenging for a player that's still learning?

Assuming I go with a conjurer, any tips on what to do and not do, and general strategy, would be greatly appreciated. I have limited experience with cabals and their particular skillsets, so if there are advantages that are critical for a race/class combo I'd also love to hear any thoughts on that.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTips for a trying a conjurer...or AP? [View all] , Conjurer? (Anonymous), Tue 20-Sep-11 09:29 AM
Reply Having played a lot of both, incognito, 20-Sep-11 03:01 PM, #2
Reply Oh, about ap, incognito, 20-Sep-11 03:07 PM, #3
Reply RE: Tips for a trying a conjurer...or AP?, Daevryn, 20-Sep-11 10:09 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Tips for a trying a conjurer...or AP?, New Transmuter (Anonymous), 28-Sep-11 03:41 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Tips for a trying a conjurer...or AP?, Daevryn, 28-Sep-11 03:57 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Tips for a trying a conjurer...or AP?, New Transmuter (Anonymous), 28-Sep-11 08:42 PM, #6
               Reply Some general thoughts to consider., Straklaw, 28-Sep-11 10:25 PM, #7
          Reply My thoughts on your questions, incognito, 02-Oct-11 06:25 AM, #8
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3460 Previous topic | Next topic