Subject: "Some tips." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2538
Show all folders

AmberionTue 24-Nov-09 08:01 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2539, "Some tips."

What you need is a complete character map. I'll list some things below that should be included, and the reasoning behind some of them.

1: Where are you from?
2: Family? Parents? Brothers, sisters?
3: What made you want to become one of the heroes of Thera? Eer, why join a guild.
4: How did you come in contact with the religion you seek out?
5: How does your character act?
6: What does he like?
7: What doesn't he like?
8: What is he good at? (Something that isn't game-mechanic) to keep your char unique and interesting.
9: What is he bad at? (Something that isn't game-mechanic) to keep your char unique and interesting.
10: What is the goal with his life?
10a: Short term goals: Join a cabal, reach hero etc.
10b: Long term goals: Get tattooed, make a MAJOR change to Thera some how, preferably something ALMOST unachievable. This keeps you interested in your char longer as you'll always have an RP route left to take sort of.

This covers most of the things to have a decent introduction role. Then I'd suggest that you make role updates everytime something significant happens. Be it with your goals, or a particual interaction that has changed your character somehow, to show character growth.

And when you seek out your god, make sure that you have a rough idea what you wish to talk about and bring up. Don't go there totally clueless, then you'll just freeze up and you'll get nervous and the interaction won't be that much fun for either of you. Try to think before you head there.

For example: Hmm, okay, so I want their recognision and tattoo. What is my plan to get this? Have I done something to impress them? What can I do to impress them? Is there something that my character would like to discuss with them? What might the god want to discuss with me? And how would my character possibly handle that?

It takes a bit of time to get into the head of your character. With Arrna I didn't really find my RP until after 100 hours or so. Maybe more. If you look at the PBF comments it was obvious for the imms too as Iunna kinda disliked me early on, but once I got my RP handeled, we had a lot of fun together.

I hope these tips helps a bit. Personally I think empowerment chars are great for new guys to get a grip of the mud and the RP.

Good luck!

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicreligion/empowerment tips [View all] , wjdenny, Tue 24-Nov-09 05:15 AM
Reply Some tips., Amberion, 24-Nov-09 08:01 AM #1
     Reply RE: Some tips., wjdenny, 24-Nov-09 06:34 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Some tips., Isildur, 24-Nov-09 07:20 PM, #3
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2538 Previous topic | Next topic